Sunday, March 28, 2010

April Guest Designer at SBKC!


I am so excited to tell you that I am the guest designer at Scrapbook Kit Club for April, and would you just look at the amazing kit that I got to work with!! First off, I want to thank Amber for having me as the guest designer this month! I'm thrilled and honored! The kit is filled with amazing products by Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, and Maya Road! The kits at SBKC are really fantastic, and Amber's customer service can't be beat! You get A LOT for your money! If you're looking for a wonderful kit, I cannot recommend this one enough! Go take a look! Tell Amber that Carol sent you! ♥


Here's the first layout that I created! I just love it! This is a photo of Emily on Christmas Day 1997. Isn't she adorable? Dave and I asked her, "How big is Emily?" The answer to this question is, of course, "SO BIG!" This is one of my favorite photographs EVER, so it deserved to be showcased on a layout all by itself! I used the rulers from the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl patterned paper. They're perfect! I also detail cut the small border under the photo, and detail cut a flower also from Material Girl papers. The chipboard title is also by Cosmo Cricket. I usually dislike the look when crafters leave the centers in the letters (as seen on the "o" and the "b" in my title), but with these letters, I think it looks awesome! I cut the pennant banner from a Dear Lizzy paper by American Crafts. The pom pom trim, crocheted flowers, and kraft envelope are all by Maya Road. I finished off this page by adding a zig zag machine stitch all the way around. I love it!


For my second layout I created with the kit, I wanted to feature some favorite photographs of Jessica! She used to make the cutest scrunchy face when she was a baby! Totally adorable! I cut the banner across the top and all of the semicircles on the left side from Dear Lizzy papers. The brown strip and the pink strip at the bottom of the layout are cut from fabric paper! Very cool, and it has such a great texture! The title is Cosmo Cricket chipboard, and the flower was detail cut from Material Girl. I took apart one of the Maya Road kraft envelopes. I journaled on the flap, and then I matted my photos with the rest of it! Once again, I added some machine stitching around the layout. I love the way it finishes off the page! I love this layout too! ♥


This layout features a photograph of the girls and I in Palm Springs, California. We flew out to visit my mother-in-law right after Emily turned 2. Vicky took the girls and I to a beautiful wildflower field, and we snapped this pic. I love it! I detail cut the bottom and the pennant from Dear Lizzy papers. The flowering branch on the upper left is from the fabric paper. I added a glitter Thickers title, and a ribbon flower. Once again, I sewed around the background. In case you didn't notice, I'm totally into sewing lately! This page is simple, but I love it! I really let the photograph be the main focus of the layout!


I love that Material Girl is all about sewing, so I just HAD TO create a layout about one of my favorite things . . . my sewing machine! I love this machine, and what I love even more is that it was only $15 at a garage sale. It is the best garage sale find EVER!! I sewed some denim to a border element, and I made some denim flowers in my Cuttlebug! I detail cut three spools, and then I added thread to them! I love the way that looks! I added some buttons, and I sewed them to my layout. I also added a button with twine. I did a ton of zig zag stitching on this page (of course!), and I added a title with Thickers! Once again, I love it! I should hang this above my sewing machine!


I had so many scraps on my desk, that I had to create a card! I used the extra folio closure from the envelope that I used on the "Scrunchy Face" layout as my flower center! Isn't that cute? I also mounted the chipboard sentiment on some of that envelope. Believe me, I used that envelope up! I love the Maya Road ribbon. I knotted it, and pushed through two of the amazing straight pins! Beautiful!


For my last project, I created a "We Are Family" banner from the Maya Road chipboard people that came in the kit! This represents us! Dave is decked out in Harley Davidson denim, I am in red (which is my favorite color), and Emily is in blue gingham, and Jessica is in green gingham. The ginghams are the backsides of Material Girl! The alphas are by Jenni Bowlin. I gave myself a diamond necklace, and the girls both have skirts! All three girls have flowers in their hair, and Dave's chipboard piece has a motorcycle brad! The "LOVE" is Cosmo Cricket chipboard. Not everything that I used came in the kit, but I did my best! I haven't decided where I'm hanging this yet, but I love it!

So, I hope you enjoyed looking at the projects that I created using the AMAZING April kit at Scrapbook Kit Club! I cannot recommend this kit enough! Amber's kits are wonderful! Try one, you won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments :

Chris said...

OH EM GEE!!!! these are all fabulous!! i think you WAAAYYYY out did yourself this time, what a great looking group of projects...i gotta say, i love the ppl banner..>"< IT ROCKS!!

Clare said...

What a fabulous kit, love the papers in it. Love the baby/toddler pictures of your girls, I love digging out old photos to scrap, they bring back such great memories. Have a lovely Easter x

Alex said...

First, congrats girl, that is fabulous!! Second, you ROCKED that kit, you way outdid yourself, these are fabulous Carol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lora Oliver said...

Congratulations!!! You are so talented! I love all of your projects, but being a sucker for banners, I really, REALLY love your LOVE banner. So stinkin' cute!

AmyG said...

You did an amzing job with this kit!! Congratulations!

Jean said...

LOVE everything I see here!!! Might even need to lift an idea or two.

Lauren said...

Fabulous kit! These layout are just awesome Carol. I love time-traveling with your family.

Julia Sandvoss said...

You did a fantastic job with the kit!!! And thanks for joining in on the Bo Bunny blog hop too!

Anonymous said...

You can tell the kit really inspired you cuz your projects are awesome!

Judy said...

Congrats on the guest designer spotlight. Wow, these layouts are just fantastic!

Stacey said...

Congrats on being the guest designer! Fabulous pages! What a steal on that sewing machine!! I love my machines, too!