Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Smile - Kazan's Sketch 17 - 2S4Y

I always love the card sketches at 2 Sketches 4 You, and I'm always bummed when I don't get time to make a card using the weekly sketch! This week, I had some time, so I created a card for Kazan's Sketch 17.
I really LOVE the way this card turned out!!


I recently purchased the Basic Grey Obscure paper collection. It's so funky! All of the papers I used are BG Obscure. The brown scallop was hand cut, and the felt scallop is Fancy Pants. I created the sentiment medallion with a Stampin' Up stamp, and I cut the two layers with my Nestabilities. I then punched a hole in the medallion, and hung it from the large ribbon. The turquoise/lime green ribbon is gorgeous, and I got it quite some time ago on clearance at Target. The felt flower, blue flower, and the sparkly button are all Making Memories Noteworthy. I distressed everything with chalk ink. You can click on the image to see it larger! I LOVE THIS!!

Edited to add: This card just got accepted into the Basic Grey Gallery!! Woohoo!! I'm so excited! Once again, I feel like a celebrity!!

We got a couple of inches of snow last night. Unfortunately, I'll be outside shoveling the driveway soon. I hope you all have a GREAT day! Thanks for stopping by!!

30 comments :

DeeDee said...

Oh Carol....I LOVE this card....its wonderful girlie!!! Bundle up and stay warm when you go out!!! HUGS!!

wendy said...

Basic Grey ROCKS! I haven't seen a line in months that I haven't LOVED :). Great card, the colors are so fun!

The ribbon is pretty and don't you just love a deal?

Snow. Ah yes. We have MORE coming! We received more snow in December than we ever have in history! And we still have many more months to go!

Chris said...

this is beautiful!! i love the colors...i'll send the boys over to shovel for you!! LOL

Savitri said...

GORGEOUS card!!!! Love how you mixed up funky with fun colors and elegance. AWESOME!!

Jeni Glee said...

A sure winner, Carol...it is so pretty and I love it! Congrats on the BG Gallery!

Thank you for caring so much for me...leaving comments is giving me a bit of "normal" right now....I don't do everyone but I love coming here and seeing your work!

Clare said...

I love this card, BG is one of my favourite manufacturers. Well done in making it into the BG gallery!

Patsy Jackson said...

Wow Carol - fab news about the BG gallery - rock on girl!!

Happy New Year to you and your family :-)

I have a little something on my blog for you x

Unknown said...

Whooo Hooo - Not only is this card super cute but it is in the BG Gallery - Toot! Thanks so much for playing
We love it too
Hugs
Kazan

Pearl said...

Yes I saw this in the BG Gallery too ! Woot ! It's just fabulous , Carole ! The color & details are just fab !

Unknown said...

What a *fun* card! Good for you!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE this fresh & fun card ~ fabulous take on Kazan's sketch.. and congrats on the BG gallery ;)

Tonya said...

Very fun and cheerful card! I really like the bright colors!

**Nancy** said...

I just ADORE you card!!! I love the bright colors!! Congrats on the BG gallery!!!

Risa said...

Oh Carol...your card is awesome!!!
I love the layout of it and that paper is GORGEOUS!!!
Congratulations on the BG gallery also!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Carol!!! Love that paper and the scallops, and the ribbon and the....well EVERYTHING! :) Congrats on the BG gallery!!!! hugs!

Deborah said...

So yummy! I adore your scrapbook pages so much, so this is a real treat to see a beautiful card from the ever so talented Carol! Hugs, Deb

Unknown said...

Congrats on the gallery! It's not hard to see why you were chosen...this card rocks!!

Nessa said...

Woo Hoo for the BG gallery! I just love it~ That paper really is pretty and the card is so fancy looking :)

Deb said...

congratulations on making the gallery, your card is beautiful, just love those pretty bright colours!

Mrs J said...

Carol, your card is beautiful! Love all the bright colours. Congratulations on making the BG gallery!
Sarah x

Nicole Maki said...

I saw your card in the gallery last night and recognized it immediately.

Gorgeous use of those fun papers.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Wonderful card!! Congrats on your TOOT!!

Katie said...

Oh this is so cute! LOVE the colors/papers! Congrats on your TOOT :)

Katie

tomiannie said...

Wow, Carole, this is FAB!

Anonymous said...

Wondeful card! love those papers... great take on Kazan's sketch. SK :)

Carole Beath said...

Woooo hoooo, Carol, BASIC GREY gallery... Congrats. This card rocks, girl.

Crissy said...

Gorgeous card Carol! Love the bright colors and the felt. Congrats on getting into the Basic Grey Gallery.

Amy C said...

This card is so pretty!! Congrats on making the BG gallery.

Lauren said...

Great card Carol and congrats on making the gallery.

Regina Easter said...

omg i love this...very very pretty