Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #49

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #49 at Sketches! {by Tamara}.


This week, we were to use the following on our card or layout:
  • chipboard
  • buttons
  • flowers

This page is ALSO for the May Quote Challenge over at ScrapCity! Wendy challenged us to create a page with "Spring Fever" as our inspiration! For my layout, I used some gorgeous new Prima paper from the Sasha Collection. I scrapped three spring photos that I took last year. I love my lilac bushes! They are on the side of our house. The other two bushes are by our front door. One day, we had a yellow Eastern goldfinch right on our kitchen windowsill. I ran and got the camera so that I could get a photo of the beautiful bird! The photo is surprisingly clear considering that I shot it through the screen and window! I did some cutaway work on the paper so that I could tuck photos behind the pretty design. I added two gorgeous Primas, two beautiful Making Memories buttons, some rhinestones, and the title is Lil' Davis chipboard that I've had for a long time. Very easy page, but I really like the way it turned out! You can click on it to see it larger.

I hope you have a wonderful day! We are having some amazing weather. Just gorgeous! I love weather in the lower 70's! It's nice to actually have spring! Sometimes I feel like we go directly from winter to summer. Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments :

Deb said...

fabulous layout Carol, so love your gorgeous photographs, I love spring too!
Have a great day! Debx

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Carol - I love all the color!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Latisha said...

beautiful pictures and layout!!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

hi Carol, sorry for my long absent from visiting you, finding blog hopping quite hard at moment, but haven't forgotten you and loving this beautiful layout :) ♥

Judy said...

Such a lovely layout. Spring is my favorite season.

Andrea, said...

Wow you have been busy Carol, I love this layout the colours are fabulous. Have a good day

Lauren said...

Beautiful layout Carol! I love the big and bold letters.

Chris said...

your photos are amazing! i love that paper!! it's a beautiful LO!