Saturday, July 3, 2010

How Can It Be?


This is for the Last Scrapper Standing challenge over at Memorable Seasons. I got kicked to the curb and didn't advance, but I love the next challenge, so I'm still playing along! LOL! I came across this photo of Emily and Jessica when I was sorting pictures. So, I journaled it with today's perspective. The title is: How Can It Be?, and the hand-written journaling reads: "That ten years go by in the blink of an eye? These girls amaze me on a daily basis! Being their mom is an honor and a privilege! Wow, I love these two!" Photo-11/4/99, Journaling-7/2/2010.

I really love the way this turned out! These two amazing girls are all grown up now! How can it be? I used distress ink, Making Memories papers, a Maya Road journaling sheer, I did some sewing, and added lace and ribbon. The crocheted flower was made by my Emily! Isn't it gorgeous?

I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Sarah Lou said...

this layout is darling!!! love the purple and green, and that darling flower.

mustangkayla said...

What a great layoput! LOVE the crochet flowwer!

JenMarie said...

OMGoodness, this is absolutely adorable! What a FABULOUS page!!

Suzanne said...

Great layout, Carol! Can't go wrong with that cute pic! :-)

Clare said...

Such a cute picture! Love the journalling too.

Anonymous said...

Cute page and such a cute picture of your girls!

Chris said...

this turned out very cute!! love these colors on the kraft!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!
Just had to sneak by and say thanks for leaving the note for me on the Paper Crafts blog today. :)
And CUTE layout!

Teri

Scrapronicity said...

I LOVE this layout...it makes me all weepy though. :( Time does fly but isn't it great that we can scrap such amazing moments? Beautiful layout.,.beautiful girls and...I want a flower!! Fantastic!! :)