Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Graduate


This is the layout I created for the 1st round of the Last Scrapper Standing contest over at Memorable Seasons. I really had fun with this!! Tami issued the first challenge, and I love that she said NOT to used themed paper that went with your photo. So, when I was thinking about what I was going to do, I was originally going to use Halloween paper for a Harley-Davidson layout of my husband. The black and orange WORKS for H-D layouts! However, then this graduation idea popped into my head. Graduation from junior high school is a milestone, but it's really the beginning of the next journey that my daughter is going to take . . . into high school!! Journey = travel collection!! YES, I like it! So, I embraced that idea and pulled out a favorite travel collection, Making Memories Panorama, and I love the way it worked! I used papers, the tape (love the tape!), tags, a postage stamp, pennant flag pins (love these too! one says "dream" and the other says "live"), buttons, flowers . . . all from that collection!! And then the clothing tag!?! That came from a pair of jeans, and could it be any more perfect!?! It says, "Embrace Your Independence - This is your life. Put all of your energy into it and show off your intelligence to the world! You are unique & beautiful." WOW! I love that!! I couldn't have planned it better!! You can click on the layout to see it larger. Anyway, I made it through the first round, and I hope to make it through the second round! No matter what, I'll be creating with all of the challenges all the way through the contest, because that's how I roll!

I hope you're having a great day! I can't believe it's the last day of June! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

Kate said...

What a beautiful LO..

Kate

Chris said...

this is gorgeous, just like jessica!! love the colors you used!!