Saturday, August 1, 2009

Up

I haven't worked this hard on a layout in a LONG time, but it was totally worth it!


The girls and I took grandma, my mother-in-law, to see Disney's Up in 3D while we were in Arizona on vacation. It was such an excellent movie! We laughed and I cried too! Anyway, after the movie, we kept talking about the "cone of shame", and saying "squirrel!" at random times. It was cracking us all up. So, the event was definitely worth scrapbooking! I cut a BUNCH of balloons on my Expression. I tied thread to each and every one of them (Emily and Jessica helped!) I found movie posters online and shrunk them down. I mean, come on, Carl, Russell, and Dug HAVE TO be on the page! I also found Ellie's grape soda bottlecap, and printed that out too. I hand cut the title. I'm just LOVING the way this turned out!! It's such a fun layout! You can click on it to see it larger. And, yes, we all wore red shirts on the same day on purpose!

I hope you're having a great day. Enjoy your weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Chris said...

WOW!! this is amazing! i love all those balloons, they are perfct for this LO!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic page Carol! I love the movie posters on there and your title. Super job!

Judy said...

Wow! This is a fantastic layout. You can tell lots of work (and patience) went into creating it.

Catherine said...

What a great page, Carol! Looks like you gals had a great time! Love how you incorporated the movie images!

LOL on the "Cone of Shame"! Charlie has one, but we don't have the heart to put it on him!

wendy said...

I LOVE how this turned out. It was worth it!

Jen said...

This is so cute! Well worth all the effort, Carol.

Thanks for sharing

Brenda said...

greta layout! love the colors you used!
hugs
Brenda

Mara Campbell said...

WOW! i love your bunch of balloons!!! Such a fun layout!

Clare said...

You can see that you put a lot of love and effort into this, it's fantastic. I love the new generation of 3D films, they really bring the films to life.