Thursday, July 24, 2008

Card Sketch #54

It's card sketch day at Sketches! {by Tamara}, and this is the card that I created for Card Sketch #54. Be sure to take a look at the rest of creations by the card design team. They're all wonderful. If you make a card using Tamara's sketch, be sure to link it back to her. You could be an upcoming Guest Designer on her site!


I used another Unity Stamp image that I received from Latisha. Isn't the butterfly gorgeous? Thanks Latisha! I colored the butterfly with pencils and used gamsol to blend, the patterned paper is My Mind's Eye, the sentiment is an Autumn Leaves circular stamp that I cut with my Coluzzle, and I added some ribbon. I also added some stitching stamps around the ripped patterned paper, and I stamped a flower around the kraft circular card. So, what do you think? I'm happy with the way it turned out.

I haven't really had too much time to visit blogs, but I really hope to stop by and see what everyone has been up to soon. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments :

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! you did a great job on this card!! >"<

Lauren said...

This is beautiful. Love how you colored the butterfly!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the butterfly and you have coloured it perfectly

Dawn♥ said...

absolutely gorgeous Carol! Love that butterfly and the colors of your beautiful card! WTG! :)

Liz said...

LOVE it! I don't know how you make these so unique.. I can't clear my head enough to get something good out! I adore this butterfly!.... BTW your gift card is IN the mail! :) YAY

Latisha said...

So pretty! Glad you are liking the images, I will have to send you more >"<

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!:)

CreativeMish said...

This is a nice butterfly stamp! Great job!

Unknown said...

YOU ARE ALWAYS SO BUSY CREATING ALL YOUR GORGEOUS THINGS! OMG I JUST LOVE THE SILHOUETTES OF THE GIRLS...WOW CAROL! LOVING ALL YOUR NEW CARDS YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING THE "NEW HOME" CARD IS AWESOME WITH ITS FUNKY COLOURS, I JUST LOVE THAT RANGE OF SCENIC ROUTE PAPERS!

Deb said...

gorgeous card Carol, just love the shape and the stamping, the butterfly is beautiful!

Alex said...

Gorgeous, Carol - love that butterfly, you ROCKED the challenge, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bev said...

Oh what a gorgeous card! That butterfly is beautiful!

Jeni Glee said...

When I went to see the sketch for this week, this just caught my eye! I absolutely love it....you just seem to know where to put "this" and where to put "that" on your cards and everything on this one just fits with that gorgeous butterfly! WOW!!!!

Becky G said...

Carol,
I love what you did with the sketch! Don't you just love round cards?
I've missed visiting with you. I'm still playing catch up from the time I was away.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Stampin hugs, Becky:)