Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BBTB - Cake Box Challenge & Big News & Goodies!

This is going to be a long post today! First off, our challenge this week at Bitten By The Bug was to use the Cake Box on the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge. You really need to go see what everyone else made, because the creations are amazing! Also, there is a contest going on at BBTB, so be sure to check it out! The prizes are FANTASTIC!


Here is my cake box. This is one time where the photograph really doesn't do this project justice, because this turned out so pretty, but I had the hardest time photographing it! The paper is Basic Grey, and I added a white Bazzill threading water punch scallop around the top of the box. I then added some dark pink ric rac, and then I wrapped the box with tulle. I inked a Prima, added a gorgeous crocheted flower (which my daughter Emily makes for me -- they're BEAUTIFUL!), sewed it all together with a button, and then added a decorative pin. The cake boxes can hold a small gift or some yummy candy. Very pretty, and I love the way it turned out! You can click on the photograph to see it larger!

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS!! I wanted to let you know that my Card Design Team time at Sketches! {by Tamara} is unfortunately coming to an end. I will post my last sketch card on Thursday. Luckily though, Tamara is going to revive her Recipe Challenges, and I am going to be on her Recipe Layout Team! Yippee! The Recipe Challenges will list three items that must be used on a layout or a card. There is a layout and card team, and I'm thrilled to be a part of the layout team! Check out the Sketches! site for the full announcement!


Goodies Time! I mentioned a while back that a blogging friend gave away some blog candy to the person who had left the most comments on her blog. It turns out that person was ME! Liz then sent me a $20 Hobby Lobby gift card! I've been waiting for Hobby Lobby to put their paper on sale, and yesterday I finally got a chance to spend my gift card! This is a photo of EVERYTHING that I got, and it was all HALF OFF!


Unfortunately, the area with Hobby Lobby's single sheets was completely empty! It was really kinda strange that they had a big sale, and they didn't have any loose paper to sell! Luckily, their packaged papers were also on sale. I wanted to get some new Basic Grey or Cosmo Cricket packs, but they didn't have new paper. However, they DID have these awesome Creative Imagination packs! The papers are all die cut, and they're just gorgeous! I'm loving these!


Then, stickers were half off! I got a package of vinyl thickers, two awesome Cosmo Cricket cardstock sticker sheets, and two adorable Halloween stamps! EVERYTHING I purchased was half off! If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, you might want to shop this week! Thank you so much Liz! I had a lot of fun spending my gift card!! Thank you if you've read this far! Sorry for the LONG post! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

19 comments :

Scrappin in my spare time said...

oh I love all your new goodies how exciting.

Risa said...

Congratulations on your new position with Tamara and on winning some blog candy Carol!
Your BBTB creation rocks!!!! The colors are so soft and pretty...I love it!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you are up to next! I applied for Sketches...not sure if I will get it but I figured why not try...

Thanks for that link at the beginning I visited and linked! It's awesome and so are your crafts!

Lauren said...

Carol - wow! Great box and fabulous email. Speaking of, I am working on one to you. Sorry it's taking so long. :)

Dawn♥ said...

Congrat's Carol! I've missed you at my blog!

Lovely cake box and those goodies are all yummy! You lucky duck! Have fun creating with them. lol!

Liz said...

Ohhhhhhh I love the cake box, I saw all the creations at BBTB and they are all soooo cute! Love em! As for your goodies! geesh, talk about a bargain shopper! haha.. :) I can't wait to see what you make with it all.. :) and congrats on the new team! I'll be checking out the layout section! :)

Becky said...

I LOVE your cake box. It is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you got a lot of goodies at HL-wish we had one near me! :)

Becky said...

Ok I posted lots of new pics of Alexander!! :) Thanks for the reminder-I've been slacking!

Alex said...

Whoohoo Carole!!! You know how much I love recipe cards, so I will totally be doing that one - and I will have to get in on that dt sometime down the road, lol!! Your goodies are all fabulous and that cake box is awesome - this is the one cartridge I have been trying to buy and can't find :-(

*STAMPIN HUG*S Alex

Michelle Pearson said...

lovely news and lovely goodies you snagged!! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you make with them!!!

Savitri said...

Cute "cake" you got up there and oh what fun goodies!!! I plan on going to HB this weekend. I did see the 50%! Wow! So, the 50% includes Thickers?

Deborah said...

Wonderful cake box Carol! SO pretty! WOW! The layout position will be perfect for you! Way to go!You sure got lots of fun stuff with your gift card! Enjoy! Hugs, Deb

Latisha said...

that cake box is really cool! Congrats on making the team! All of your new goodies look so fun to play with.

Deb said...

I love, love, love your cake box, so pretty and that is another cartridge I need! Scrummy goodies too!

Judy said...

Wow, you're cake box is wonderful. Congrats on the new team. I'm intrigued with the recipe card idea and can't wait to try it. Taking a vacation day Friday and a trip to Hobby Lobby for paper is already on my list of things to do on my day off.

Janine said...

Love that slice of cake!! Great job!!

Fe-Fe said...

I love your cake box Carol. It's so pretty.

Really glad you are getting to stay on doing the recipe challenges, they are great fun to do.

My goodness haven't you got a lot of lovely new goodies to play with. Hope I come home with some good stuff from the craft fair tomorrow!

Hugs
Fe x

twinkle teaches said...

I want those Cosmo Cricket stickers!!! Maybe I can stop by HL tomorrow. :)
Tina

kathleenh said...

Carol, the cake box is absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations on being part of the recipe challenge design team for tamara's sketch blog. I look forward to creating with you!

It looks like you made the most of that gift certificate. I am really envying you those cosmo cricket cardstock stickers.