Friday, April 11, 2008

Hangin' In The Hot Tub

I didn't get a chance to create anything new yesterday, so I thought I would show one of my scrapbook pages that I did a while ago. This is one of my favorite pages!


We don't often get a photo of the four of us together. We need to do that more often! In this shot, we were visiting my mother-in-law in Arizona, and we were hanging out in her hot tub. The best part? This was in February. Believe me, in February, the weather in Illinois is horrible, so how cool was it that we were in a great location, in warm weather, hanging out in a hot tub? Pretty awesome! The background paper is Scrappy Cat, the frame is from My Mind's Eye. I love foam stamps, and I used my Making Memories alphabet with blue paint to create the title. I also used some blue paint to distress the edge of the frame. I journaled on orange vellum, and cut the journaling into strips and attached them to the layout with brads. There you have it, one of my favorite layouts! I just love it!

Thank you for all of the compliments on my hair. My goodness, you're all very sweet! I don't think it looks spectacular or anything like that. I posted a photo because a couple of people asked me to, and I'm just crazy enough to do it. Like I mentioned, I'm just thrilled that it's not hanging in my face anymore!

I enjoyed helping set up for the book sale, but WOW, was it hot in the room where we were setting up. I couldn't wait to be done! I set up the whole kid's area. I found a Calvin and Hobbes book for my girls. They love reading those cartoons! I also found a couple of books for myself. It's nice to set up, because you get to see everything that's there, and you get to shop early! We'll be back there on Saturday to help out again. My girls are going to help with straightening up and packing up when it's over.

I'm hoping to have some time to create today. I started reorganizing a little in my area yesterday, but I have so much more to do! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments :

Lauren said...

Calvin and Hobbes are awesome! Your layout is great. You guys look like you are having such a good time.

Ana Baird said...

What a lovely and fab layout! You look great!

Lisa said...

Awesome page, I love the colors and the paint!

Janine said...

This is a great page! I am not a scrapbooker at all but I love to look at what everyone else comes up with.
Have a great day!

Liz said...

Great Layout! Don't you just LOVE Arizona?!? When I was in the Army I was stationed down by Tucson and I loved it, I stayed for about 3 years. But I loved being able to call my mom in the middle of her winter and say well I'm outside gardening! :)

Alex said...

this is a wonderful page Cheryl!! It isn't often we get to be in the picture since we are the ones usually taking it - LOL! Love the papers and the way you journaled, just a great page!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Trish said...

love the layout and the card below!

wendy said...

The book sale sounds like it went well. Fun lo!

Chris said...

i love the colors!! they are perfect for the LO...i need to scrap some this weekend...>"<

Unknown said...

GREAT PHOTO CAROL!THAT HOT TUB DOES LOOK INVITING!LOVE THE ORANGE TONES WITH THE BLUE TITLE IT LOOKS GREAT!

My Paper World said...

I can see why it's a favourite Carol! I like what you did with the foam stamps, hopefully I'll receive mine soon.
have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Jeni Glee said...

Well, my dear, this is just fabulous in every way! I love those colors and that photo is wonderful! Nice work, my Friend!

Clare said...

Cool layout, love the lettering. Hot-tubs are great fun, not that I get a chance to use one very often unfortunately!

Becky G said...

Great page! Looks like you all had a great time!