Sunday, January 20, 2008

You're a HOOT!

Well I did get time to play with one of my new cartridges. I used Happily Ever After. I like that the characters have these "icon" features. You can cut a squirrel, a bird, an owl, etc., just miscellaneous things that go along with the Disney Princess movies.

I cut this little owl that was an icon feature for one of the Sleeping Beauties on the cartridge. Isn't he cute? It was three cuts. The shadown, the base, and the overlay. Better yet, I got out Basic Grey Blush paper, and I actually used some, so this is one fashionable owl!! The flowers are Prima Sprites with chalk on the ends. The brad is a new Around The Block brad that I got from QVC. The "You're a" are ScrapWorks letter rubons. The "HOOT!" was cut with my Khaki QuicKutz letters. I ticket punched the card front, added some Stickles to the corners, and added pink dotted shear ribbon around it. I'm thrilled with the way this card turned out. I love this little owl!

Come back tomorrow to see what else I made. It was tedious, but the result is pretty great! Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments :

Marlou McAlees said...

Carol, this is really gorgeous!!!! loving your cards!! :) xx

Rita said...

WOW, Carol!!! This card is amazing, it's so cute! I luv your colors too! Great job!

My Paper World said...

I LOVE it! Your owl card is fantastic!

Andrea, said...

Great card, the owl is fantastic. Great sentiment

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Carol this is just the cutest card and I love the sentiment :D

Unknown said...

OMG CAROL! WHAT AN AWESOME CARD YOU HAVE CREATED! YOUR OWL IS GORGEOUS & I LOVE THE HOOT FONT!

Anonymous said...

What a fabby card. I need to get my hands on those disney cartridges!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Carol, love the owl, he looks great in BG!

Alex said...

Carol, this card rocks!! I love your new cartridges - would you believe I have the Cricut and six new cartridges and I have not been able to play with them yet! I NEED to get them out and do something! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

wendy said...

I love the patterned paper on the owl :-)...the primas are great!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love that owl, this is great

Sharon Caudle said...

Love this Carol!!! That owl is just too adorable and I love that you used Basic Grey for him! Adorable girl!!!

Risa said...

Awwww. this card is too cute Carol! I love that owl!
malieta:)

Scrappy Moments said...

What an Adorable Card Carol. I Love Owls, That is One of My Favorite Sayings, "You are Such a Hoot", I say it almost everyday :)


Angie

Crystal Ware said...

This is a beautiful card and so cute! The owl turned out great and I love the ribbon. Fantastic job!

The Cryer Family said...

Hi Carol!
Thanks so much for your messages! Happy new (not quite so new now) year!! I keep meaning to get blogging again a bit, but it never quite happens - been working on the house, and everyone has been taking it in turns to be ILL since beginning of Nov. - very boring!
I ordered a Bind-it-all yesterday though, and some other goodies, so I'll make some time for crafting soon! Your card and everything else you've been up to are great! Sorry for not commenting on everything!
Hope you and the family are well,
Love,
Helen

** Isa ** said...

This really cute... I love it... :oD You make gorgeous cards...

Hugs xxx

Dawn♥ said...

HOLY Wowza girl this is soo stunning and CUTE! Love it!

Catherine said...

So cute (and stylish - I love all BG paper!)!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ultra fashionable Owl! Great colours and I love the look of d.p. in the cricut: just stunning! :0) Mel

Cathrine StClair said...

This is way cute! I love the Blush collection.

Lavender Rose said...

Fantastic card....love your owl, the papers you used are perfect!

Clare said...

Love your owl, he looks great paper pieced with the BG paper.

Unknown said...

Omgoodness I love love this owl, he is sooooooo awesome and cute, I need him, lol - beautiful card