Friday, January 18, 2008

4th of July 2005

TGIF! It's been a long week! However, I got two more scrapbook pages done! I'm on a roll! This is for the 4th of July 2005. Yep, I'm far behind.


I used My Mind's Eye papers. I used my Coluzzle templates to cut all of the circles and the ovals in the photos and the mats.



I'm really getting into this "using what I have"! The chipboard title, letters, words, and office clip are all Lil' Davis, and I've had them for quite some time. The title actually had the word "July" attached to it, but it was a very dark blue, it didn't coordinate with layout, so I cut it off and used loose letters instead. I also have so many silver star brads, so I went crazy with them. Luckily, it works for a patriotic page!

This is a closeup to show you the office clip on the photo. Isn't that cute? It's says "4th of July" on it. It makes the photo stick up a little in the center, but that's OK with me. My girls are so much bigger now . . . it's strange to be scrapbooking older photos!

This is a closeup of the title, because I like the way it turned out. Let me know what you think. I hope to get more scrapbooking done this weekend. It's going to be brutally COLD tomorrow. I think our high is supposed to be 4 degrees with negative wind chills. Brrrrr!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments :

Unknown said...

TOTALLY AWESOME CAROL! THE PHOTO'S ARE FAB,LOVE THE PP YOU USED & ALL THE CHIP LETTERING IS AWESOME..IM LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR "PATRIOTIC" HOLIDAY WHICH IS VERY SOON. "AUSTRALIA DAY" IS THE 26TH JANUARY SO ANY EXCUSE FOR A LONG WEEKEND IS A GOOD EXCUSE I SAY!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You have been busy, what a fab layout. love all the detail once again, I like seeing all of the photos of your layouts and all of the different elements of them. The title is fab...love those chipboard letters :D

Deb said...

Gorgeous layout Carol, very pretty, lovely photographs of the girls!
I think you are doing well, I am much further behind than you, honestly!

Carole Beath said...

You are my hero. Make that heroine. I try and try to do the "use what I have" thing but I just am like a wild hog when I get within a block of any scrapbook store or Joanne's. Yesterday my best friend in high school and I drove to 'Cave Creek AZ to meet up with 2 more of our high school friends; ones I had not seen in 50 years. Despite that excitement, we were traveling down Cave Creek Road and I spied a SCRAPBOOKING STORE and I yelled MYRA, STOP... Rude she just kept right on driving. Anyway I love your pages. Neat colors for a July 2005 LO.

Alex said...

These are great pages Carol - I love scrapbooking and you always do such an awesome job! Your title is great, it almost looks like cookies, so yummy! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Risa said...

I love your double layout Carol! The chipboard title is really cool and I like the way you matted the pictures.
malieta:)

Clare said...

Great layout, love your chipboard letters, they look perfect on your layout.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Realy beautiful ,love it ,great colours ,Dawnx

Dawn♥ said...

OMG OMG OMG I soooo love your double page spread! OMG just look at those yummy chipboard letters, words and all the other yummy goodies you have on here! Keep that mojo flowing! Awesome job!

kathleenh said...

Cute page spread! I really like how the 4th of July chipboard turned out too!

Anonymous said...

love all your projects Carol:)x

Deborah said...

Fantastic pages! You are a busy bee! Deb

Tina said...

oh, they are so beautiful!

Catherine said...

What an awesome set of pages! I love all the details and the way you cropped and layered the photos! WOW!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Beautiful work! Your details are so amazing. It's great to see the close-ups of them. :0) Mel