Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday! She doesn't have a computer, so she won't see this, but I still have to wish her a Happy Birthday! My girls and I stopped by to see her yesterday for her birthday. My girls have their musical competition day today, so we won't have a chance to see her today.

I want to mention that I'm way behind on blog hopping for all of my blog friends and for my SBS2 sisters. I'll catch up with all of that later today and tomorrow.

I just have to share this link for our local newspaper. Princess is the Pet of the Week! Wow, as I just typed that, I realized that it sounds like a Hugh Hefner Playboy kind of thing! Nope, she's a different kind of pet!! We're going to be campaigning to get her to be Pet of the Month for February, and then our ultimate goal is for her to be Pet of the Year! Why? Because it's fun, and we love her! We think she's worthy!

Last, both Wendy and Patsy tagged me for the middle name game. Let me give this a try! My middle name is Joan.

J - Joyful, Jovial (makes me sound like Santa!)
O - Outgoing, Outspoken, Optimistic
A - Appreciative, Ambitious
N - Nice, Noticeable

My girls helped me with my words! Since my middle name has four letters, I need to tag 4 others to post their middle name on their blog, and they need to use all of the letters to describe their personality. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name). Make sense? So, I'm going to tag: Alex, Jules, Kristy, and Nicola.

Last, but not least, WOW, did I get the goodies from the big brown truck yesterday! My QVC TSV came. It's a wonderful Cosmo Cricket package. I hope to dig in today and play with it! It's gorgeous! Then, I got My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie . . . beautiful! Last, I got Lisa Bearnson's Bling It On kit. It's nice too, and it comes in a storage tin. I LOVE when things come in their own organizational container! I hope to PLAY later today and tomorrow! It's like Christmas all over again over here. I really need to stop buying, but the QVC values make me crazy. You get SO MUCH for the money. The Cosmo Cricket was $30 something plus shipping. I'm not sure you could go in a scrapbook store and get the two 8x8 albums with the storage sleeve box for $30, and that's only one small part of the kit! Yes, I'm justifying my purchases, but I just can't help it!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be by to visit you all very soon! Have a great weekend!!

10 comments :

Andrea, said...

Happy Birthday to your mum and I'm not surprised your dog made pet of the week, she is absolutely gorgeous. The TSV looked brilliant, I kept looking at it on the QVC US site, I hope we get it over here soon. Have a good weekend

My Paper World said...

Firstly! happy birthday to your mum!, Good luck girls!, way to go Princess! and finally, you are the winner of my sketch # 3 blog candy!
I will email you for your address later. xx
p.s thanks for the tag, will try and do this soon before I forget!

Ana Baird said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Becky Elfert said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Becky G said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I hope she feels extra special! Good luck to your girls in their competition! Congrats on the "dog of the week".
I can't wait to see what you crank out with all those goodies!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

*EVEN THOUGH YOUR MUM HASNT GOT A COMPUTER,I AM STILL SENDING BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS TO HER!MAYBE YOU COULD PRINT ALL YOUR COMMENTS OUT TO SHOW HER! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM ALL THE WAY FROM AUSTRALIA!
*GOOD LUCK TO THE GIRLS WITH THEIR MUSIC COMP TODAY.
P.S IM SURE THAT HUGH HEFFNER HASNT SEEN ANYTHING AS GORGEOUS AS PRINCESS,SHE IS AN AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD OF COURSE!..EVEN OUR DOGS ARE GOOD LOOKING OVER HERE...LOL
*THANKS FOR THE TAG I WILL DO IT IN A FEW DAYS.

Marlou McAlees said...

happy birthday to your mum Carol!!! and looking forward to seeing all your new creations with your new goodies :) xx

Anonymous said...

"Happy B`day" to your Mam Carol.Good Luck to your girls.Have a great Day :)x

Latisha said...

did you get to go through all of the cosmo cricket stuff? Each time I go through mine I find more things I didn't notice before. The kit is awesome...I'm going to go play >"<

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the blog candy! i was so desperate to get the QVC CC kit I started a campaign over here in the UK to try and get it!!!!!

http://cannycrafter.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-think-my-prayers-have-been-answered.html

Carolinex