Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rock Star

I was anxious to use the stamp that I won from Elaine. This Rock Star stamp is very cute.


I made this card for my girlfriend Kathy's son. He just started guitar lessons, so I'm going to send this to her so that she can give it to him. He's blond, and he has a black guitar, so I tried to personalize it a little with my coloring. I used colored pencils and gamsol. I even used pretty paper! I used Basic Grey Skate Shoppe paper for my card front. The extra guitar stamp is from ki Memories. The "you rock" stamp is Love, Elsie Roxie. I even broke out the Tim Holtz texture hammer, and I smashed my brads! Look at me . . . using stuff! Woohoo! By the way, did you notice that I drew the mouth on the image? Some of these images don't have mouths, and I wanted him to have a mouth. Does it look OK?

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments :

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love it, Carol! Great job on the colouring too, and I love that you added a mouth for him - looks perfect.

Marlou McAlees said...

it rocks Carol!!! love it!! dont forget to email me your address :) xx

Dawn♥ said...

ROCKIN good card! Love that image!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, you have coloured the stamp perfectly, I'm sure your friend's little boy will love it

Alex said...

This card is awesome Carol - I love this little boy image, he is stinkin' adorable! Your coloring is beautiful, he will love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow....I just love the coloring you did...Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

great card Carol:)X

Ana Baird said...

It's funky and great! Love it!

michelle sturgeon said...

Super cute!

Dawn said...

great job! You did wonderful with drawing the face :-)

Your coloring with the gamsol is AWESOME! I hope to perFECT the mineral spirits soon! It makes a great deal of difference in the overall appearance of the card.

Unknown said...

YOU ROCK CAROL! YOUR NEW CARD LOOKS TOTALLY FABULOUS!YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB ON THE COLOUING & HIS MOUTH LOOKS FINE!WHAT THERAPY YOU HAD SMASHING THE BRADS!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, your coloring is fantastic.

Patsy Jackson said...

Wow amazing - love the whole card! And I wouldn't have known you'd drawn the mouth on if you hadn't said!!

I've tagged you on my blog - not sure if you've done it before but if you haven't would be great if you can play along :)

Hugs
Patsy x

Sharon Caudle said...

Another awesome card Carol!! Love it!!

Samm said...

oOOOOoo, fab card! love the combination of stamps girl! you rock!

Samm
x

My Paper World said...

Supercute Carol! and the mouth looks great! I didnt even know that some of them dont have mouths!
You did a great job!
Nicola xx

Risa said...

Your card is so cool looking Carol! I love the smashed brads and your coloring is fantastic.
malieta:)

Kathy said...

I love this card - what a great idea

Clare said...

Love your card, the stamped image is so cute. His little cheeky smile looks perfect to me!

Sharon said...

What a riot! This is a great card.
You rock!!

Fe-Fe said...

This is fab. I love the Sugar Nellie stamps they are just so cute. Great card.