Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Love!

I love when a challenge fits in with what you NEED to make! Caardvark's current challenge is to make a baby card. I'm so excited with how this turned out!

I used my NEW Tres Jolie papers that I got from QVC. The "baby" title, the plaid paper, and the cardstock scallop border sticker on the bottom of the card front are all My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie. The "welcome little one" is a stamp from Riveting by Stampin' Up. I just got this stamp set from my friend Jana! I used my Coluzzle to cut the circle, and I mounted it on a Cuttlebug ribbon slider. The ribbons are from Michael's. I pulled out some alphabet beads, and I added "Brayden" on a piece of wire, and I sewed it to the card front. I used four new buttons that I just got from Laurie! One of them is on a new Prima (also from QVC). I added a little safety pin to the blue ribbon knot. I just LOVE the way this card turned out! It's for my husband's cousin. Her and her husband are expecting their first baby, and their shower is at the beginning of March. They know they're having a boy, they're naming him Brayden, and they are so excited! We're excited for them!

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments :

Dawn said...

This is beautiful! I love the patterned paper. What a great job with the colors and bling :-)

Love the name Brayden!

Alhambra Club said...

this card is fantastic, love the paper and baby braclet.

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, love those papers

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Oh this card is fabulous!!! I love that plaid paper and the letter beads look aweseome!!! It doesn't surprise me as your work is always BEAUTIFUL!!!
Hugs, T

Deb said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colours, the papers, the scallops, the stamps,the buttons, well everything, it is just so perfect!

Ana Baird said...

It's a beautiful Baby card! Really sweet!

Liz said...

You are SO good at what you do. I love your work!

Sandy said...

Wow this is so adorable. So gorgeous.

Rita said...

This is sooo beautiful! Love the baby beaded ID bracelet, the perfect touch!!!

Alex said...

Very adorable card Carol - love that paper and how you spelled out his name in beads, so cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Latisha said...

I love that paper, so perfect for a baby boy. Great detail on the ribbon slide {I need to use mine more often} but i really like how you put his name together with those beads. You are going to make their day when they get this card, I see it going in a baby book.

merrymstamper said...

this is adorable!!! love the pp you chose, the colours are perfect for a baby card!

Marlou McAlees said...

love this gorgeous card Carol!!!! :) x

Carole Beath said...

WHAT a darlin' little card for a baby. Just perfect color coords, and embellishments. Love that little ribbon with the safety pin. Oh yeah,...

wendy said...

Very cute! I love the pin on the ribbon...such a cute touch.

My Paper World said...

I'm loving this beautiful creation Carol! Great job! xx

Enfys said...

Beautiful baby card, gorgeous paper you've used.

Anonymous said...

Adorable ... love all of the details especially the alphabet beads and the tiny safety pin.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog. I do live fairly close to you. I'm in Evergreen Park and I head out to Orland all the time. I love your blog, you have some great projects. I sell CM if you are ever looking for something. Take care.

Unknown said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL CAROL,LOVE THE RIBBON SLIDER & GORGEOUS PATTERN PAPERS YOU USED.

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhhh how cute is your card! Soft and so pretty! Love it! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear friend!

Filka said...

Beautiful baby card :)))

Catherine said...

What a sweet card for baby! I can't believe I missed the Tres Jolie paper on QVC! So jealous now! I had ordered the same set of Primas, but I sent mine back - I couldn't imagine what I would use the brights and music notes sets on. You did a great job with it here!
Catherine

craftyb said...

Hi C, this baby card is really lovely...the colour palette is so soft. MME papers are fabulous, i got some on my last trip to the USA - they are lovely to work with! bx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is lovely. Love all the little embellishments.

** Isa ** said...

This card is adorable and I love all the embellishments you've added!

Hugs xxx