Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Miscellaneous & Crazy Hair Day

I wanted to let you know that Cosmo Cricket has posted ideas for the QVC TSV that was sold in February. I bought the kit, and unfortunately, I have not had a chance to dig in yet. They have a downloadable PDF file, and they set up a gallery! Cool! If you bought this kit, you'll definitely want to take a look at these links.

Next, let me show you a beautiful card that I received yesterday.


Andrea, from Crafts on a Whim, featured me on her site. She thanked me for wanting to be featured on her site! Andrea, THANK YOU! I've felt like a crafting rock star all week long! This card is just gorgeous! Bella has added sparkle, which is perfect, and I love the striped paper. The felt flower on top of the white flower is just fantastic! Love it!

Then, one of my newest blogging friends, Lesli at Dragonfly Time awarded me with the "You Make My Day" award. Awarded twice in two days . . . I'm thrilled! Thank you Lesli!


Finally, here's my scrapbook page for the day. Once again, I created this page over the weekend during the ScrapCity virtual crop. The virtual crop was so much FUN! This page is a "white space" challenge page. We were challenged to leave a lot of blank space on our page. I've never done this before, and I have to admit, I LOVE the result. The less is more approach to a page is great! The focus is completely on the photos, and I love these photos! This is my oldest on Crazy Hair Day at school. Doesn't she look GREAT? I used Bazzill die cut cardstock on top of navy cardstock. I added buttons, Primas, rhinestones, and I added a title with my snap stamps. I even wrote on the page. I need to add more of my own handwriting to pages. I love the way this page turned out!

I'm so sorry, but I'm still behind on blog hopping, but I'm hoping to catch up with you all later today! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments :

The Cryer Family said...

Hiya Carol!! Just stopping by to say hello - and I REALLY love the layout - that blank space works so well, though so far I'm too much of a scaredy cat to give it a go...
Enjoyed reading your postings and catching up,
Love Helen xx

Dawn said...

I love the thank you card you received from Andrea - very nice.

You so deserve these awards that you are receiving - you have a wonderful talent.

Great job on the layout. The layouts should be focused on the photos and this turned our beautifully. Gotta love crazy hair day!

Charmingdesigns said...

I saw that "white space" challenge, You did a great job!! Thanks for coming by. Laurie

Alhambra Club said...

busy day, thanks for the info about the cricket gallery, will have to check it out. Love your bella and the scrapbook page is adorable, those photos are great. Congrualtions you make my day also.

Andrea, said...

Lovely card you have received and I love your scrapbook page, the zig zag card is fab, so is your daughter's hairstyle.

Ana Baird said...

Fabulous and funky card and layout! They're gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Carol...looks like I'm not the only one full of busy and playing catch up..lol
Loving all of your recent goodies and wow LOVE the red page (biased cos it's my favourite colour..lol) how cute is your DD hairstyle though eh :D

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Wow your page is gorgeous! I bet it was hard to process the thought of leaving so much blank space but it looks lovely! Fantastic job :)
Zee

Alex said...

Great Bella card Carol and your page came out great! I would have a hard time leaving space like that - LOL!!! You did wonderful on the challenge! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

kathleenh said...

Cute bella card you received! Those are such funny pictures your dd.

My Paper World said...

Wow! great LO Carol! Your dd looks fab!
Love the sweet card that you recieved from Andrea!
Nicola xx

Catherine said...

Hi Carol!
Thank you for being my QVC Crafts connection! I didn't get the Cosmo Cricket set, but I know the one you are talking about! Even without the actual kit, it's good to see the gallery for ideas!
Super cute Bella card! Love the felt flower!
Great LO, too!

Risa said...

Hi Carol!
I love your Bella card and your layout is beautiful!
malieta:)

Becky G said...

Love the SB page, Carol! I laughed when I saw the picture and just knew that it had to be for crazy hair day! I have some pics of my girls that are very similar!

Misty said...

Oh my goodness, I love it. I'm sorry to say I didn't take any pics of my daughter. It was a super busy day with watching other peoples children and all. TFS.
Misty

Deb said...

I so love your card, such pretty colours and such a fun image. You crazy hair layout is gorgeous, I love the red on red, it works beauifully and yes, you DD does look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations Carol...wow I love your daughters hair fab!!!:)x

Michelle Pearson said...

very interesting layout.....who'da thunk that you cold get such a cool look with so much blank space! Great take on the challenge.