Saturday, March 1, 2008

Congratulations Cards for my girls

First off, thank you so much for the congratulations to me on being featured crafter at Crafts on a Whim. If you haven't visited Andrea's site yet, please do so! She's such a nice lady, and I'm just thrilled that she featured me! If you do stop by to read my feature, please leave a comment on her site!

Next, I want to show you some cards that I made for my girls! Jessica was an actor in the 5th grade Talent Show, and she was amazing! She wasn't nervous, and she was just so natural on stage! Such great stage presence! I am so proud of her and incredibly impressed! Here's her card.


Now, to explain the color scheme. The Talent Show was about teams competing against each other in "The Amusing Race". Jessica was the head of the purple team! So, I pulled out all the stops to design an over-the-top purple card. I think I accomplished my goal! I used three stamps, I cut flowers from patterned paper, I added Stickles to one of them, I added a Prima, lots of brads, ribbon, etc. What a fun card to make, and best of all, Jessica loved it!

Then, I made a card for my 6th grader, Emily. Emily was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Only four 6th grade students were inducted. Many applied, and only four were chosen. What an honor!


For Emily's card, I actually used papers I've never used before! I used SEI Granny's Kitchen papers. I LOVE this color palette! I stamped Congratulations on patterned paper. It's the same paper that I used for the card base. The "dream" sticker is a cardstock sticker that was included in the paper pack. It's perfect! The gingham ribbon is even Granny's Kitchen ribbon. I added a couple of gorgeous Primas, and I added a button in the center of them. Emily loved it!

I'm just so proud of my girls! They're really the best, and when they do something, they really give it all they've got! What amazing young ladies. I'm thrilled, honored, and privileged to be their mom! Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments :

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards...must take a look at your featured Crafter!!!!"Well Done":)x

Andrea, said...

2 fantastic cards Carol, love the colours and papers. Congratulations to your girls

Andrea, said...

Hi Carol, I don't seem to have lost anything from my blog. I just fancied a change this morning and I am having a personalised header made hopefully in the next day or 2, with some of my favourite Tilda images on it.

Lesli said...

Great cards - I love them both :)

Dawn♥ said...

OMG Carol these two card are drop dead GORGEOUS! OMG they are perfection! Awesome job! :)

Alex said...

Very cute cards Carol - I bet the girls loved them!!! Totally beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Crissy said...

Both cards are so beautiful and it it sounds like your girls are very talented! Of course look at their talented mother. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree =-)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awesome cards. so sorry i havent been on your blog so often. boy i missed a lot. you have some stunning projects.
congratulation beeing featured crafter. hoooorayyyy

Dawn said...

WOW, WOW AND WOW! Did I say WOW? Both of these card are FABULOUS. I absolutely adore the purple card.

EXCELLENT job with both of the cards. I know you and your daughters are both proud!!

My Paper World said...

What gorgeous cards for your lovely girls Carol! xx

Latisha said...

your daughters sound like they are amazing young woman, and what a proud mommy you are. Very cute cards, I bet they loved them!

Anonymous said...

I just love the colors of this card!

Unknown said...

2 GORGEOUS CARDS CAROL,I JUST LOVE THEM BOTH IM NOT SURPRISED THAT THE GIRLS LOVED THEM,AS THEY ARE SOOOO YUMMY!

michelle sturgeon said...

I LOVE the purple card! Love all the elements!

Rita said...

AWESOME cards! These are beautiful, I luv the DP.

Carole Beath said...

I love those papers you used too. And I've never seen them... With 400000 tubs of paper in my room, how could I have missed such pretty patterns.
Great Cards, Carol...

Clare said...

Congratulations to both your girls - you must be really proud! The cards you made them are lovely, I'm sure they both loved them.

kari and kijsa said...

LOL...we are working frantically on stuff for the kari & kijsa show and we used that EXACT paper today!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

kari and kijsa said...

LOL...we are working frantically on stuff for the kari & kijsa show and we used that EXACT paper today!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!!! :-)