Friday, October 12, 2007

Did you know you can delete questionable comments on your own blog?

OK, maybe everyone knows this already, but I didn't, and I couldn't find it at first, so I'm posting what I found out. I don't have restrictions on posting comments. I allow anonymous comments and I don't have the word verification. Pretty much anything goes over here!! I was wondering how long that would be OK. Well, I got a couple of strange comments lately. It almost seems like someone was trying to advertise in my comment section. That's not the purpose of my comment section, and I didn't want it sitting there for others to see. So, if you're signed in, and you are in "customize" mode, you can select "comments" on the post, you will then see all the comments people have left for you, and each and every one of them has a nifty little trash can next to it. You can trash it, and then select to remove it / delete it forever, and it will be like it was never there in the first place. If you DON'T select the remove it / delete it forever, it will say something like "comment removed by post administrator" or something like that. So, there you go!! You get a weird clunker comment, and you can take control and get rid of it forever! I had to search for HOW to do it, so since I did, and I found out, I'm passing it on. Does everyone already know this?

I made a couple of little things, and I'll be be posting them later today. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

Dawn♥ said...

I had no clue! Thanks for passing this on. I never even thought about it.

Thank you for the super sweet comment on my blog. I do feel so much better today! Your the best!

The Cryer Family said...

Have you been deleting my comments again Carol??!

Deborah said...

Now if I can figure out the banner thing! LOL! Deb

Unknown said...

THANKS FOR THE TIP! I WAS WONDERING HOW TO REMOVE COMMENTS, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOME WEIRDO TO WRITE SOMETHING RIDICULOUS ON MY BLOG....MY PRE-PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!

Deb said...

thanks for the tip, I didn't know that, I did have a comment I wanted to delete a while back but didn't know how to!