Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sketch #1 - 52 Sketches . . . 52 Weeks

Over at ScrapCity, one of the members of the Creative Team mentioned this 52 Sketches . . . 52 Weeks site. They are going to have a sketch a week all year long. It seems like a great site, and an awesome online community.


This is Sketch #1. Isn't it great?


This is my layout based on Sketch #1. I used a lot of Basic Grey Urban Prairie. I did a lot of detail cutting too. I added some rhinestones to the butterflies and to the Nestabilities scallop circle that I cut. I added some Making Memories Noteworthy felt flowers. The sparkle chipboard letters that I used for the title are by ScrapWorks. The journaling is a Creative Card from Fancy Pants. I just cut it into strips. I love scrapping a summer layout in the winter! The bright colors really make me happy! You can click on the layout to see it larger.

I hope you have a great weekend! We got more snow overnight. Oh joy! (Said in a most sarcastic tone!) Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments :

Misty said...

oooo, very nice. what a great sketch and result. Thanks for the inspiration.
Misty

wendy said...

Sigh, I heart BG! This layout is beautiful! I think 52 sketches is a lot of fuN!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! Don't you just LOVE winter, Carol??? (said in an even MORE sarcastic tone) :) LOVE your layout girl! It's nice to look at summer photos and layouts in the dead of winter. Have a great weekend!!

Nani Luculescu said...

I'm so lovin' this page! =)

Chris said...

this is very cute!! i really like your LO. i am going to try and do this...have a good weekend!

Nikki said...

Very nice!! Carol, did you know you made Card of the Week for this? It's under the 1st section: Scrapbooking Ideas & Inspirations

Congrats! Well deserved!

Hugs!

Maria said...

Wonderful layout, Carol!! I love the BG paper! Very pretty!! The colors and the photo makes it feel like summer!! Beautiful job!

Maria

Deborah said...

Terrific sketch! Yor fun summer page is great Carol! More snow! Oh dear! Suppsoe to go up to 80 tomarrow or Monday!Time for sun glasses! I need it right now too! HUgs, Deb

AnnMarie said...

Awesome layout! Love your colors! I am going to have to check out this site! It looks way tooooo cool! : )

RobinDiane said...

I love the sketch and your layout is awesome. I did some layouts from Julie's sketches last year. She has great sketches.

Lori said...

Beautiful page, Carol! I really like the bright, spring-feeling colors. I probably shouldn't mention that we haven't had any snow here yet . . .

Fe-Fe said...

What a fabulous sketch. It almost makes me want to have a go myself - only I'm so behind on my DT stuff. Oooops. That's my little task for Monday!!!

I do love your layout though, helps take eveyones mind off the frost and cold weather. Roll on spring that's what I say! Where are those Snowdrops and Daffodils?

Stay warm!
Hugs
Fe x

Deb said...

Fabulous layout Carol, I love the bright colours too!
Enjoy the snow, well I am sure the girls will if you don't! Just think of that good exercise you get clearing the paths! We love getting snow here but it only ever lasts a few days so it is gone by the time we have tired of it. We don't even have snow on the mountains here yet, my DH and eldest son are desperate for it to go ski-ing!

CraftyC said...

A great page and I so love the Urban Prairie papers to!
Clairex

Alex said...

This is a wonderful layout and this sketch is fabulous!! I need to check this site out, sounds fun! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex