Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #31

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #31 at Sketches! {by Tamara}. Be sure to check out what the other design team members created.


This week, the recipe consisted of using the following on our card or layout:

  • Use 3 strips of paper
  • Distressed edges (torn is OK if you don't have a distresser)
  • A tag

My papers are Love, Elsie Roxie. I distressed the edges of my photo mats, and then I inked the edges. The tag is a date tag that is tied to my flower stack. I used foam Thickers for the title. The journaling in the bottom right corner is on a Roxie sticker. The flowers are Primas. Isn't that red and white checked flower fantastic? The flower stack center is a Roxie chipboard button. I love the way this page turned out. I love the negative space around the title. You can click on the layout to see it larger.

Well, I just got in from clearing the driveway. This is the first time I used the snow blower all by myself. I didn't know how to start it, but my husband showed me how on Sunday. Let me tell you . . . using the snow blower sure beats shoveling!! We have some brutal temperatures forecasted. I just hope they don't last too long. I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments :

DeeDee said...

So CUTE!!! I love the colors!!! That movie is cute huh? HUGS!!

Lesli said...

Beautiful page Carol!!! I thought I would let you know the secret to getting a fast pass on your scrapbook page - just don't use it. I grabbed a couple on my last day so I would have them.

Chris said...

very pretty!! i really like your papers...you rock using the snowblower!!! suppse to get really cold here too! >"<

Godchick said...

fun page! Hope you all stay warm and cozy.

Lauren said...

Super cute layout Carol!!! It's just too fun.

Pearl said...

Great to see some Love Elsie in use ! I'm still hoarding mine ! ;-)

Great titlework & flower stack ! thanks for giving me the scrapcity links !

Melinda said...

Love the scrapbook page.I know you are probably tired of the snow.I really miss it... We moved to NC from Ohio almost 8 years ago... Take Care...

Clare said...

Cool layout Carol, love the bright funky papers, they are some of my favourites.

It sounds like you are having a really cold snap at the moment, we went down to -10 degrees last week and that was pretty cold for us!

Michelle Pearson said...

cute, cute, cute!!! What a fun way to preserve the memory!

Liz said...

I love your layout for this. Even though I didn't like the movie you made the page awesome :)

twinkle teaches said...

I am a huge Elsie fan so of course I adore this page!!!
tina :)

Becky G said...

Super fun page, Carol! Looks like you and the girls had a great night!

Hugs,
Becky