Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Halloween


I just LOVE Halloween, fall, crisp cool air, leaves changing color, etc. It's the season of the year that makes me feel wonderful! I love creating Halloween cards! I finally used my wonderful, awesome, and fantastic Martha Stewart Halloween fence stamp. I got this at Michael's on clearance at the end of the season, and I was THRILLED! Isn't it the coolest? I used a Stampin' Up circle stamp to create the "moon". I then stamped the fence right over my moon, so that the bird was featured more prominently. I added a Martha Stewart punched bat to the sky. I sewed on amazing Maya Road grosgrain ribbon. I love that ribbon. The perfect finishing touch? A "Happy Halloween" sentiment from the AMAZING Halloween Labels printable set from The Cutting Cafe'. A trio of rhinestones was the last detail that I added. Spooky, huh?

I hope you have a great day, and as always, thanks for stopping by! BOO!

8 comments :

Belinda said...

Hi, Carol: I love the color of the fence. I can't tell if it's purple or a dark blue, but either way, it adds a lot.

I was so glad when they started adding purple to some of the Halloween papers a few years back. It's not a color I would have chosen myself, but I really like it.

Have a good day, too.

Sharon Caudle said...

Too cute, Carol! I love Halloween cards, and this is just adorable!! hugs!

Chris said...

i totally love this card!! it's gorgeous!! going to steal your moon idea...LOL

Regina Easter said...

OOOOOOO CAROL, I LOVE YOUR STITCHING GIRL...AWESOME CARD..HUGS

Brenda said...

awwww this is sooo adorable!!!
hugs
Brenda

Judy said...

Love this card. And I have to ask myself why I haven't thought to sew riboon on a card. But I'll do it now!

Jaspere said...

This card is great. I am so in the mood for Halloween.

Scrapronicity said...

I can't believe Halloween is just around the corner...my favorite time of year. :) I just love this card!