Monday, December 3, 2007

Altered File Folder

A while back, Dawn (Scrapnmo) listed a link for a great file folder altering project. I just loved the idea! I have this thing for office supplies! I love using them in my crafting! Anyway, I was totally inspired, and I couldn't wait to create an altered file folder! Dawn found the instructions for this project on Taylor VanBruggen's site. Here's my version!


I used some Marcella K papers that I got on clearance at Target a while ago. I love the deep rich colors. I haven't decided what I'm going to use this for yet, so it doesn't have any wording, etc.


This is the inside once the ribbon is untied. The four panels are pockets! I will probably use my sewing machine to stitch around each pocket. I love that something can put put into the four pockets, plus at least eight photos can be mounted on the cardstock. Cute!


This is the other side. The first panel is back side, and the last panel is the cover. The two middle section are the back of the little album. Isn't this clever?

Wouldn't this be great for a grandparent mini album? Mount some photos of your children, personalize it with your last name plus the year, add some captions, tie the bow, and present the little mini album! I also like that it could be posted on a mantle, an end table, etc. Just cute, cute, cute! Very clever!

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments :

Becky G said...

I saw the tutorial for this but haven't had the chance to try it yet! You did and awesome job with it. I love the papers and color scheme you used.

Dawn♥ said...

OM GOD Carol this is soooo perfect! I love the paper combo and it's just beautifully done! WTG! Wasn't it the coolest thing ever?! Thanks for sharing! Awesome job well done!

Catherine said...

Hi Carol!
Welcome to the Sisterhood! So glad to have you. Loved this project and thanks for the link to the instructions!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful job on your folder! I am not brave enough to try them yet.....from your SBS2! Welcome!

Rita said...

What a beautiful file folder! Luv the DP & your color combo. You have a great blog here Carol!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! your file folder is just fab! Loving all of your other recent creations too :D

Tina said...

Wonderful projects. I love all.
Welcome to the sisterhood2!

Nice to meet you

Deborah said...

Love the altered file folder! The paper is great! Deb

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow this is very impressive ,fab job its brilliant ,Dawnx

Savitri said...

Oh this is cute!! I saw that you're doing a craft show the 8th on Alana's blog. What will you do? Mine is going to be so lame on selling stuff compare to all of you guys.

Deb said...

This is gorgeous Carol, you did a fabulous job, I love the papers you used.

My Paper World said...

I love your colour scheme, it looks fab!

Risa said...

This is awesome Carol, you did a great job!
malieta:)

L.A. said...

Neat file folders! I made something similar at a CK convention this summer but like your colors a lot more. Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to getting to know you through your blog. Welcome to SBS2!

Lori

Andrea, said...

Wow this is fabulous, I love those papers. Your bind it all books are gorgeous, I love making them. I'm sure they will sell really well at your craft fair

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC JOB CAROL LOVE THE PP'S YOU USED,I ACTUALLY STARTED ONE I BEGAN DOING THE FOLDS & GOT THAT FAR & THAT WAS IT...LOL

Cathrine StClair said...

This is a wonderful project! Great job!