Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Congratulations!

My very sweet and wonderful blogging friend Marlou is getting married TODAY! I'm so excited for her! She has been counting down the days, and she has been preparing for her wedding, and we all got to share in her excitement! I was so excited that I had a chance to make and send her a wedding card! Since she has received it, I'm safe posting it here!


I used DCWV Old World paper for the card front. It's such a rich color with a subtle pattern on it. I ticket punched the card front, I wrapped some tulle around it, and I knotted it in the front. I love the way the tulle turned out on the card! I stamped "Congratulations", matted it a couple of times, and ticket punched the layers. "Marlou and Craig" was done on the computer, matted, and then mounted on a Cuttlebug ribbon slider. I added some rhinestones around the sentiments. I was really happy with the way that this card turned out! CONGRATULATIONS MARLOU! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful wedding day!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments :

Becky G said...

This is so pretty! I love the tulle too!

Dawn♥ said...

OMG Carol this is sooo elegant and gorgeous! Oh I bet she totally loved it! I know I would! TFS!

Pearl said...

A very British sort of style to me ! lol - it's all good ! love the pretty box !

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, I did not realize today was the day, I am so happy for her.

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful!
Love the color!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

OHHHHH JUST GROGEOUS THE RIBBONS JUST TOP IT OFF!

My Paper World said...

Love the colour, it's beautiful!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, fantastic colour, i have been thinking of them all day, hope all went well

Dawn Wheeler said...

OOOH this is gorgeous ,love the colours you used ,Dawnx

Deb said...

This is beautiful, I am sure Marlou would have been so happy to receive it. I have been thinking of her today too, hope they are having a great time!

kari and kijsa said...

This is absolutely wonderful! A true congratulations to the bride!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Tina said...

this card is very precious!

Anonymous said...

Oooh beautiful card she will love it:)

Marlou McAlees said...

aaah Carol, this is wonderful!!!!! thank you so so much for this beautiful card and I have just popped over and seen the lovely congratulations you left for us, our day was the best day of our lives!!! cant wait to share photos with you all, you are a pal Carol xx hugzzzz

Risa said...

Marlou is going to love this very beautiful and elegant card Carol! Well done.
malieta:)