Sunday, December 2, 2007

CRAZY Weather!

I had a wonderful Diva Den Day yesterday with my two Diva friends, Sue and Deb. We gather in the Diva Den (Sue's basement), and we create, laugh, talk, watch movies, talk some more, create some more, eat chocolate, etc. It's always fun! We were all on fire yesterday, getting tons done for Christmas. Both Sue and Deb were creating Christmas cards, and I was working on projects for the craft fair!

I left around 9 p.m., and it was CRAZY outside! It had been snowing, and then it started to rain, and it was ICY! It took me a while to get my front windshield and the driver-side and passenger-side windows scraped off! Plus, I had to borrow a scraper from Sue, because for some reason, mine was being safely stored inside our garage! Anyway, I got to scrape my van in the sleet, and by the time I was done, I was pretty much drenched! The roads on the way home were fine (the trucks had been out salting the roads), but my driveway? Wow, that's another story! It was a sheet of ice! So, I tried to park in it anyway, and when I put the van in park, the van started sliding down the driveway! Now, that's a strange feeling being in a vehicle that is sliding backwards! So, my sweet husband came outside to walk me in and help me get my bags in the house, and he held on to me so I wouldn't fall (I've been known to do that before!), and then he tried to park the van in a spot in the driveway so it would stay put! Well, it worked for a while, and then we looked out the window a short time later, and the van had slid down the driveway again, and it had stopped right before it got to the street. Crazy! So, my husband ended up parking the van sideways on the driveway, so that it couldn't slide down the driveway! When we have bad weather, you're not supposed to park in the street, because you have to allow the snowplows to do their job, and they can't do their job if there are cars in the street! So, anyway, that was my crazy evening after a very productive day!

I'll be back later today to show you some of things that I got done on Saturday! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

Unknown said...

I WILL SEND YOU OUR HOT SUNNY DAYS CAROL TO MELT YOUR DRIVEWAY FOR YOU..WHERE WAS YOUR CAMERA!

My Paper World said...

Sounds like crazy weather indeed! but I'm glad that you had a productive day and had fun with your friends. xx