Wednesday, December 5, 2007

BIG NEWS!

OK, are you ready for this? Are you sitting down? This is HUGE! Drumroll please . . . . I am proud, happy, and very excited to announce that I am a new owner of a Canon PowerShot A560 digital camera!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I am beyond excited! If you don't already know this, I have NEVER owned a digital camera before. I am a 35mm kind of gal, and I was quite happy with my film, that is, until I started my blog! If you don't have a scanner or a digital camera, blogging life is difficult! My husband has a camera phone, and that's what I've been using all of this time. That's about to change, my friends!

All of these are Miracle Whip jars with painted lids. There is a slot in each, and it's now a bank! All of the cardstock for the lids was cut with my Coluzzle.


I have Mommy's Starbucks Fund. I LOVE the way this one turned out! I found the image on the Internet, printed it on kraft paper (perfect choice!), added black ribbon around the lid, a couple of Primas, and it was done!


On the lid I added the words, "tall, grande, and venti". I thought that was a nice touch!


Next is for the Vacation Fund. Once again, just learning with the camera! The flash kinda washed the color out! The paper and alphabet stickers are NRN Designs. It's a kit I got on QVC. The flower ribbon border on the bottom was a gift from Jana from Really Reasonable Ribbon. The ribbon on the top is American Crafts, and I also added some Primas.


The top has "fun" and another Prima stack.

So, the new camera couldn't be more exciting! I'm thrilled! I won't even let the fact that we have about 3-5 inches of snow, and I need to shovel the driveway in about 20 minutes get me down! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for stopping by!!

30 comments :

kari and kijsa said...

LOL....you are so funny...love the Starbucks jar and love all your new pictures!

Have a very blessed day...

kari and kijsa

Dawn♥ said...

Ha should have made one for scrapbooking/papercrafting fund? Tee! Hee! Hee! That's what I need anyways!Thanks for the cute idea! Love your jars and how you altered them so beautifully! :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

OOOH this jars are just fabulous ,so cute ,
congrats on your new camera ,i wish i could change the date on mine LOL,Dawnx

Michelle Pearson said...

Congrats on the new camera....I love digital!! Love your starbucks jar too...I need one of those! grande mocha frappuchino please! YUM!

Becky G said...

Love your decorated jars! The Starbucks one is my fave. Congrats on the camera. You are going to love digital!

Sara Henton said...

Congrats on the new camera!! I'm so excited for you!!

Katty Bell said...

I do like the jars! Makes a change from the usual altered tins.
A good one to share with kids too, never too early to teach them to save ;)
Kat.X

Unknown said...

WOOOHOOOOO YAY CAROL,I BET YOUR STILL SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR CAMERA! LOVING ALL YOUR NEW CREATIONS!KEEP THAT CAMERA CLICKING & POSTING GIRL!

saucygoat said...

You're going to love having a digital. I fought it because I loved my film camera, but I have been turned. There's just so much convenience to a digital camera. Have fun with it.

Love the Starbucks fund!! I think I need one of those. :)

My Paper World said...

I love these jars! They are so cute! I am working on jars tonight too!
Congrats on your camera! Im really happy for you, the photos look great!

Andrea, said...

I love all the jars you alter, they are so good. Congratulaions on getting your new camera

Anonymous said...

These are great,have fun with the new camera:)

michelle sturgeon said...

Hey, congrats on the new camera! That is awesome!

Risa said...

Congratulations on your new camera Carol! I know you are going to love it. I love your altered jars, they are so cute!
malieta:)

Marlou McAlees said...

these are truly amazing Carol!!!! delighted for you on getting camera!!! what a difference in the photos so bright!! xx left you a comment on post on beautiful wedding card :) xx

Deb said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky is all I can say, a new camera and snow! ok I know you are less thrilled with the snow than I would be! I love your jars, I so need a starbucks jar like yours, it is fab!
Have loads of fun with your new toy, i got mine last year and I am still as thrilled with it as the day I got it.
Good tip for your photos is to turn off the flash and place the article next to the window to get natural light to photograph it. With all that snow you will have the best lighting ever!
Have you joined the Sisterhood of the bloggind stampers yet? i just joined and there is still space in my group if you are interested, great way to meet new blogging buddies! There is a link on my blog!

Deb said...

Silly me, yes you have joined, I got so excited by your jars I missed the badge at the side!:)

Misty said...

Congrats, I'm really excited for you. I know, it took some talking to convert me to digital too, but I love it. So many options.
Take care. TFS.
Misty

KAT Paper Crafts said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Starbucks jar! I'm such a Starbucks addict!

Maria said...

Hello blog sister! congratulations on your new camera! There's nothing like having a good camera especially when you're a blogger. It makes life so much easier.

I love all of your altered jars! Very creatively done! Great job!

Maria

Maria said...

Hello blog sister! congratulations on your new camera! There's nothing like having a good camera especially when you're a blogger. It makes life so much easier.

I love all of your altered jars! Very creatively done! Great job!

Maria

Carole Beath said...

Carol, a big congrats on your Camera. I have the Canon Power Shot A550 and I love it. This is a new camera for me. I've had two Fujis before this one. I am so happy for you. And I love the altered jars.
Very very neato.

Anonymous said...

Congrat's on getting a digital camera! Your jars are so cute. This is SUCH a cute idea!!! Love the Mommy 's Starbucks fund one. You could so sell these at craft fairs.

jenn* said...

i think the starbucks one would get most use for me ;) and they look great! like professional great! super job!

Tracy said...

These are great! Nice job...Congrats on the new camera...you are going to love going digital!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! Love the Starbuck's jar, how clever! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on our Blog, you made us smile :) Jenn and Jacqui

Rita said...

Cute altered jars! I need to make one of those vacation fund jars...great idea!
Congrats on your digital camera! I don't know what I'd do without mine. Your going to love it!!!

Clare said...

What a great idea, I definately need one for 'Mummy's Scrapbooking Fund' !

Alhambra Club said...

Your money jars are fantastic, congratulations on the camera.

giulyana said...

Love Mickey jars....super cute...