Thursday, December 4, 2008

25 Days Until Christmas 2008

I'm so excited to share with you my 25 Days Until Christmas book! Now, this is an Ali Edwards idea, but I first read about it on my very good blogging friend's blog. Chris made one, I love it, and I decided to do the same. Here is the cover!


I used Basic Grey Blitzen and the entire book uses a lot of Cosmo Cricket Wonderland. The front cover and the back cover and chipboard pieces covered with patterned paper. It's approximately 9 1/4" x 11 1/4". The beautiful blue snowflake paper is Blitzen. The swirl and the strip tease at the bottom are both Wonderland. I stamped that Santa image (one of my all time favorite stamps EVER!) "25" and "Days" are both Thickers. The "until" is chipboard that I just got from Tina, and "Christmas" is Basic Grey letter stickers. I added a Prima Sprite, and it's topped with a crocheted flower that my daughter Emily made for me. Isn't it amazing? I then sewed on a button. I love the cover!


This is the inside front cover and you can see some pages. Jessica created the inside front cover. In the envelope I tucked in scalloped note card that talks about making the book, and I even mention Chris!! The small green sheet is what I used for day 1.


Here is a view of day 1 after I completed it.


Here's a close up of day 1. I just mentioned that we got snow, and on the back of the page, I hand journaled bullet point style about December 1st.


This in the back cover. Emily created this back cover.

So, what do you think? Isn't this an awesome idea! I need bigger clips to hold it together, but I'll run and get those at an office supply store when I get a chance. After I get the bigger circle clips, we'll add ribbon to them. My girls haven't had a chance to help me out with the days yet, but I think they will on the weekends. I will show you day 2 and day 3 later, and I'll probably show you pages throughout December. I'm having a lot of fun with this so far!

It's COLD outside today. The girls, Princess, and I walked to the bus stop in 14 degree weather. Brrrr!! I hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments :

Becky said...

I love your book Carol! I want to do one of these, but I think it will have to wait until next year. ;)

Maria said...

14 degrees. Ooooh, that's cold.

I love your 25 days until Christmas book! I love all the pretty dps that you used! Your layouts are fabulous too!! Very nicely done!!

Maria

Chris said...

i love your book!! you did an awesome job!!! i can't wait to see what you do all month...>"<

Lauren said...

Great project Carol! It's nice that it was a group project.

Catherine said...

What a neato project - and you made it so lovely!

I have an award for you on my blog, so please visit to collect! Please remember to post and share it when you get a chance!

Thanks,
Catherine

tomiannie said...

Carol, this is just fab!

Alex said...

It turned out beautifully Carol - what a fabulous project!!! LOVE it!!!

brrr.....it's cold there!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

DeeDee said...

Oh Carol, this is wonderful!!! Yall did a great job on making the book too!!! I'm jealous of your snow...it looks wonderful...we may or may not get snow....TEXAS ya know!!! LOL!! HUGS!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh goodness Carol, this turned out FANTASTIC!!! I love the cover too! The paper and embellies are awesome! You're so lucky to have your girls engaged in building this with you! Your first page with your pic of snow is so gorgeous! I can't wait to watch it develop! This is such an awesome idea! I love it!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh goodness Carol, this turned out FANTASTIC!!! I love the cover too! The paper and embellies are awesome! You're so lucky to have your girls engaged in building this with you! Your first page with your pic of snow is so gorgeous! I can't wait to watch it develop! This is such an awesome idea! I love it!! Hugs!!

Liz said...

OHHHHHH this is great already! I love that front cover and already the back and the first page! I think I'm liking the idea of binder rings for all my pages better and better all the time!

Lori said...

What a fabulous keepsake, Carol!

Judy said...

This is wonderful...such a great idea.

14 degrees -- OMG that's cold!

Clare said...

What a gorgeous book - I love it! Can't wait to see what you put inside...

Deborah said...

What does Princess think about the very cold weather? Does she need a down jacket? Seriously!!! Does she like being in front of the fireplace cozy better? I can just picture you girls going to the bus stop in the freezing weather! I adore your Snoppy card, I too am such a fan! Your book is amazing! You are creating a magazine show piece here! Stay cozy! Merry hugs, Deb