Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #26

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #26 at Sketches! {by Tamara}.


The recipe ingredients that needed to be used on our cards or layouts were as follows:
  • Eyelets
  • Rub Ons
  • Ribbon

This is a Thanksgiving 2006 layout. It was unseasonably warm that Thanksgiving, and we spent lots of time outdoors enjoying it! I love the photo on the right. That's Dave and my brother keeping an eye on the turkey in the fryer. Wow, was that turkey good! The photos on the other side feature my girls with their cousin, my brother and my sister-in-law, and my parents. Aren't my mom and dad the cutest?

OK, back to the layout! I added a trio of eyelets on the upper right side of my threading water punched patterned paper, and I also added a trio of My Mind's Eye rub ons on the bottom of the same border. The "give thanks" embellishment is from a soft spoken package that I received from Jules. The brown and white gingham ribbon is by American Crafts. The "enjoy" chipboard circle is by Scenic Route. I also added two Autumn Leaves swirl stamps. I wanted to keep the layout clean and simple, because I wanted the focus to be on the photos. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Wow, it's COLD today. The snow yesterday was annoying, and more will be here this week. Oh well! It's winter in Chicagoland, and that can be a very rough time indeed! I hope you all have a great day, and as always, thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments :

Sharon Caudle said...

Great layout Carol and love those pics! Looks like you had a grand time! And yes, your mom and dad look absolutely precious! :)

oh...and I got that silly box to stay together by gluing all of it except the bottom flaps. On the bottom flaps, I acutally used my two way glue and let it dry so it's a removable adhesive. LOL! Have a great day girlfriend!! hugs!!

DeeDee said...

LOVE those pics Carol!!! Just a lovely layout!!!! HUGS!!

Dawn♥ said...

WOW Carol beautiful LO!

Lauren said...

This is so fun! I love the hint of plaid on the side.

Alex said...

Awesome layout Carol - love the Thanksgiving/Fall colors of this and the pics are great!! And, any layout with stampin on it is perfect - LOL!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Becky said...

You're parents are ADORABLE! Love your layout! I've seen so many people "frying" their turkeys-I've absolutely never heard of that being done! I must live under a rock. :)

Liz said...

Great Layout! It seems like it's been forever since I scrapped anything. I need to start up again, I'm assuming after all my Christmas cards are done and the holidays are passed.... OHHHH you won't believe the luck I'm having.. I won 6 sets of stamps over at the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Blog and I won at book at Goebelski's blog! I'm on FIRE! haha :)

Crissy said...

Great layout. You did a good job of using all the ingredients!

Deborah said...

Wonderful pictures and LO! You really do such a nice job scrappin'! Thanks for your kind words on my blog, I really appreciate it! Hugs, Deb

scrappermimi said...

Great job with the recipe challenge...I never thought to use eyelets in my threading water punch...genius.

Lesli said...

Beautiful LO Carol - I hope to play sometime soon!