Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #28

This is my page for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #28 at the Sketches! {by Tamara} site. I had so much fun creating this page!


The items that needed to be used on our card or layout were:
  • use the colors red & white
  • use a household item to stamp
  • have a heart anywhere on your layout or card

I started off with Bazzill black cardstock, the red and white dotted paper is American Crafts, the black and white dotted paper is Heidi Swapp, and the "take note" journaling card and the 1-10 journaling card are both by Teresa Collins. The "I Love You" journaling card and the two dotted sticker strips on the bottom of the layout are both by Cosmo Cricket. The household item that I used to stamp was a pencil eraser. I stamped a trio of red dots at the top of the layout. I also stamped a red foam heart. I added a bunch of Prima Sprites, Making Memories brads, and a trio of rhinestones. Like I mentioned, I had a lot of fun creating this layout!

We're supposed to get 3 - 6 inches of snow later today and into tonight. I sure hope they're wrong about that! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments :

Dawn♥ said...

OM Carol what a beautiful LO! Love the scallops and the design. Great photo's to! Awesome job!
Hugs, Dawn

Alex said...

Beautiful layout Carol, love the colors, and the scallops look amazing!! Great pics too! Stay warm and safe, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cheryl KVD said...

Beautiful layout!! Love how everything goes together so well!! We're supposed to get 3-6" of snow tonight too!!

DeeDee said...

ADORABLE!!! I love all the dots and of course your girls are so sweet!!! HUGS!!

Fe-Fe said...

This is such a beautiful layout. Love the colours.

Sharon Caudle said...

Sooooo cute Carol! I love that you used a pencil eraser! LOL! As soon as I read that you had to use a household item, I immediately started looking at your layout trying to figure out what you did before I read what you used. I was stumped. LOL! another great layout girlie! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!!! hugs! !

Chris said...

So sorry I haven't popped by for a while... I am finding it really hard trying to keep up with everyone lately but I have just had a lovely catch up with all of your recent gorgeous creations and boy have you been busy!!
Loving your gorgeous Christmas tree too... looks like you're all ready for Santa eh :D
hugs
Chris xx

Unknown said...

FABULOUS LAYOUT AS ALWAYS CAROL! LOVE THE DOTTY PATTERN PAPERS YOU USED! YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE LOOKS AMAZING!

Lauren said...

You make such wonderful layouts. Great journaling too!

Chris said...

this is so very pretty!! i love the colors and the "list", is so cute!!

Deborah said...

Love this page Carol! Those darling girls just make a page so beautiful! Happy holidays! Does Princess have her red bow on yet? Hugs, Deb

Lori said...

Great layout, Carol! Using an eraser to stamp with was a great idea.