Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm weak! I cheated on my spending ban!

I have been on a self-imposed spending ban, and I was doing SO GOOD! I think I have gone two months without spending on crafting items, and yesterday, I BLEW IT! I'm sorry to say, but it was worth it! We had to stop at Lowe's to pick up some stuff for an experiment that my oldest daughter is working on. My husband and oldest daughter ran into Lowe's, and my youngest daughter and I decided to just "take a quick look" in Michael's which is conveniently located right next to Lowe's. Now, I realize that it might have been a better idea for me to stay out of Michael's completely, but when you haven't purchased anything in almost two months, how can you possibly be responsible for thinking clearly?

Look at what I got at Michael's! The Martha Stewart Halloween stuff was on clearance. I believe it was half off. I got a foam witch & stars stamp for $1 something. Both the bat punch and the Halloween fence wood stamp were $4.99 each. The wood fence stamp is 7" wide! Now, how could I resist, especially after seeing this card on a blog! Isn't that card amazing? And now, next year, I'll be able to create spooktacularly fun similar cards! I have to admit, the Martha Stewart punches are NICE! I love the two-lever design, and they're easy to squeeze! So, I'm thrilled with my clearance items. I have to admit, I would have never spent full price on these items! A clearance sale is fun to find! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

Unknown said...

OHHHH BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT CAROL!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

I have to agree with you Carol - those items are GREAT!!! Good girl - at least you didn't go overboard :o)
Hugs, TeriBeri