Monday, November 19, 2007

Snowman Soup

Bad photos today! Geez! I am working on the snowman soup for the craft fair. I have nine made so far, and I think I want to make thirty. I think these are cute!


I used the inch bag and the shopping bag from Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More on the Cricut. I cut them at 5 1/2". The little tags say "snowman soup" in a circle, and the snowman is clip art. I used my Coluzzle to cut the tags.


These are the shopping bags.

These are the inch bags. Notice the one in front. I wasn't paying attention to how I put the printed paper into my Cricut, and I ended up putting it in the wrong way, and now instead of saying "Ho Ho Ho", its says "Oh Oh Oh". It was already cut, so I'm using it anyway! Duh! I'll pay more attention next time! All of the papers are from the DCWV Glitter Christmas Stack. I'm adding a poem to all of these. My daughter wrote the poem! It's fantastic! Here it is:

Snowman Soup
By: Emily Sheetz

Winter’s here, as we all know,
It’s time to go play in the snow.
Once Jack Frost has nipped your nose,
You need something warm, to warm your toes.
A little Snowman Soup will fix you up right,
And a nice warm blanket to wrap you up tight.
Make the hot chocolate, all steaming and yummy,
And drink it fast; it’ll warm your tummy!
Add the marshmallows one by one,
‘Cause they’re what makes the whole thing fun!
Stir it with the candy cane, to add a little hint,
Of the sweetest flavor ever, yummy peppermint.
Snowman Soup is the way to go,
When you’re done playing in the snow.

Isn't that awesome? She's a great writer! She's 11 years old! Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments :

The Cryer Family said...

Everything's brilliant - the poem and bags...oh, oh, oh!! He he! - I have that paper - think I'll turn it upside down too!
For the frame you asked about on my card, it's Autumn Leaves, Whimsical Frames. I saw it on Kaz's blog and asked her too!

Anonymous said...

oooh these arefabulous.You put a lot of thought & effort into your beautiful crafting.
Tell your daughter I said" She`s got a great talent "
Thats beautiful !!!
As for the upside bag!!It`s fine one of lifes "Happy Accidents" as I would say.You would never know....
Thankyou for such lovely comments
Enjoy the rest of your day:)

Andrea, said...

Great bags and your daughter is so talented writing that poem, its wonderful. How long have you got until the craft fair?

Carolina :o) said...

So all the ingredients that she mentions are the ones that you have in each little baggie? I loved the poem so much talent for an 11 year old. I don't believe I can even write that! LOL

I see also that you get a lot of blog candy. He he he. Good for you. Cute stuff and ideas too.

Caro :o)

Dawn Wheeler said...

You are all so creative ,the bags and poem is brilliant ,Dawnx

My Paper World said...

Wow! Youve been sooooo busy! LOVE all your crafty projects, and your daughters talent is amazing too!

Becky said...

These are cute! You're really getting busy for the fair! And your daughter is an AMAZING writer!

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh My!
That is the cutest thing I ever heard!
Sandra Evertson

Risa said...

Hi Carol!
Your daughter is so talented and her poem is lovely!
I think you bags are just adorable!
malieta:)

Deborah said...

These will be hot sellers! Wonderful young writer, enjoyed reading the poem. Deb

Alex said...

These are really awesome - just love them! Your daughter is very talented! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

OMG CAROL,YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY! THEY LOOK AWESOME,YOUR VERY CREATIVE & PATIENT!!!!
P.S IM MOVING TO YOUR PLACE ITS SCORCHING HOT HERE IN AUSTRALIA AT THE MOMENT & I'VE ALREADY HAD ENOUGH OF SUMMER.

Dawn♥ said...

OMG these are sooo cute Carol!

Alhambra Club said...

these are so cute love your packaging and the paper you used.

Deb said...

these are fantastic, please tell Emily she is so talented, what a star! I love the poem, would she mind if I used it? We have a PTA fundraiser coming up and I would love to make some of these for it. I love the upside down bag, so funny!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how precious is this!!!!!! I love the bags and the poem your daughter came up with is the perfect topper!!! Love this sooo much!!!!