Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cards for Soldiers

My youngest daughter is in 5th grade, and the Student Council of her school organized "Operation Care Package", a supplies for soldiers drive in honor of Veteran's Day. The are collecting personal, clothing, entertainment, food, and miscellaneous items for the soldiers. We gathered up some personal care items and lots of food items to contribute. My daughter is taking them in to school today. One of the miscellaneous items suggested is cards for the soldiers to send to their family and loved ones. What a GREAT idea! So, last night, my daughters and I made 14 cards for Operation Care Package. I'll show you 7 today and 7 more tomorrow. The drive ends today. I wish we had time to make more, because it's such a great cause! My youngest daughter made 6 cards, I made 6 cards, and my oldest daughter made 2 cards. Take a look!






In this set of 7, I only made 2 of the cards! Aren't my girls very talented card makers? I think so! We used DCWV card bases (some great designs on these!), and lots of paper scraps, brads, ribbons, and stamps! My girls both have quite a stamp collection (thanks to a rubber stamp flea market that we go to twice a year), and it was hysterical seeing them "rediscover" some of the stamps that they haven't used for a while! I think this is great to send these in for Operation Care Package. I sincerely hope someone enjoys using these! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards for such an awsome cause! Fabulous job girls!

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful cards!!! well done, very very thoughtful xx

Dawn♥ said...

I agree with Marlou! Perfect gift!

Deb said...

Carol, how sweet are your girls to give up their time to make these cards for such a great cause?

To answer your question, I recently bought a paper piercer which I now always use when making holes for brads, so quick! I use a foam mousemat underneath. I do have the Making Memories hammer set which I now only use for eyelets.

My Paper World said...

Wow, you made some fab cards between you, what a crafty lot you are! and for a great cause too!

Unknown said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC & GENEROUS IDEA THE CARDS LOOK FAB CAROL & IM SURE THEY WILL LOVE & APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU SEND.

Unknown said...

P.S YOUR GIRLS MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY EXCITED MAKING THEM!WHAT FUN!

Deb said...

oooops, sorry Carol, I forgot about my stitching holes! I actually use my sewing machine for those but without thread, works a treat!

Andrea, said...

great cards and what a lovely thought. Your girls obviously take after you and are very talented

Sharon Caudle said...

I can't say anything more than what's already been said. It warms my heart that you and your girls would take the time to produce all these fabulous cards for our soldiers. Wonderful cards!!!!

Carole Beath said...

Oh Carol was a wonderful set of cards.. At Red Rubber Stamps they have a basket and we all deposit cards in the basket that she will revamp and embellish. And those will be sent to our troops. I add a few of my handmade cards as well. All of my friends give me the cards they have received for special opccassions for this donation. Your cards are great. Gold stars to you and your daughters.

Scrappy Moments said...

The Cards Look Beautiful , What a Wonderful Thing to do for The Soliers on Vetrans Day. I remember making Valentines for Vets every year when I was in Bluebirds as a child :)

Angie

Risa said...

These cards are beautiful and for such a wonderful cause. God Bless You.
malieta:)