Friday, November 2, 2007

Birthday Card and Altered Container

I mentioned on Wednesday that it was my NSSS's (not so secret sister from the Cricut message board) birthday. This is the card that I sent to her.


I Cuttlebug embossed and ticket punched the card front. The ribbon is American Crafts, and I added layered Prima Sprites with rhinestones. The metal bookplate is Making Memories. I added a small present from patterned paper that I detail cut, and then I popped it up from the card front. I added Stickles to various areas of the card front too as well as to the ticket punched corners.

I had lots of wonderful ladies on the Cricut message board make cards for Sharon and send them to me. I gathered them all up in this container that I altered, and I sent them off to Sharon as a big surprise for her birthday. She was very surprised, and she loved getting all of the cards! "Sharon" was cut using Opposites Attract on my Cricut. The "happy birthday" is a sticker, and there are more layered Prima Sprites with rhinestone centers. I forget who makes that paper, but isn't it fun?


I didn't do too much to the back of the container other than add lots of stickers. They coordinate with the patterned paper that I used on the front of the container.

Can you believe that this cute container once held a blow dryer? Gotta love that! I tried to find a metal lunchbox that would hold all the cards, but it wasn't working out. I had this container, and I used it instead. It was perfect!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Dawn♥ said...

Fantastic and stunning container! Cute card as well!

Risa said...

Your card is so pretty Carol and you have to be the queen at altering items! Your work is fantastic.
malieta:)

Unknown said...

OMG CAROL WHAT A GORGEOUS IDEA LOADING EVERYONES CARDS IN THE FANTASTIC GIFT YOU MADE!

My Paper World said...

Love your pretty crafty projects!

Deb said...

Beautiful card for your NSSS and I absolutely love the container you altered to hold the cards in. What a fabulous recycling project, I am super impressed!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love all the embellishment and your altered case is fantastic.

Andrea, said...

These are fab, the container looks great. The colours you have used on the card are wonderful.

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

You are such an amazing friend!!!! Love that container and the card. So glad I could participate in making your NSSS a card for this. Hugs, TeriBeri

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

CUTE :)