Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Hi Everyone! It's my birthday today! I wanted to show you a couple of wonderful cards that I received!


This is from one of my very first blogging friends, Patsy! This card knocked my socks off! Isn't it gorgeous! The colors, the patterned paper, the Cuttlebug embossing, and the clear panel on the front . . . just wonderful! Thank you so much, Patsy! I love it!


Next, this gorgeous card is from my wonderful blogging friend, Chris! Isn't this gorgeous too? I just love it! The card front is so pretty, I love the ribbon, and the scallop mat and sentiment are perfect! I actually sent Chris some vellum flowers, and she used one of them on this card! Last, but not least, I love the dragonfly! Thank you so much, Chris!!


Chris also included a bag of American Crafts felt flowers! I love these! Chris, you are the BEST! Thank you!



I got this gorgeous card from one of my very best friends, Kathy! I love the color blocking and the two-step stamping! This is so pretty! Thank you, Kathy!


So, Kathy was taking me out to breakfast yesterday morning for my birthday, and on my way to meet her, this is what happened. Yep, it's always something! Not a fun way to start the day! Luckily, Dave was at home, and being my knight in shining armor, he came and rescued me! He came and put on my donut spare tire (geez, those things are pathetic!), and he then drove the van back home. I followed him to make sure that the donut spare was fine, and my girlfriend Kathy followed me. We then went out to breakfast near our house. It was DELICIOUS!


That's a GASH in my sidewall. I did NOT hit anything, go in a pothole, or run over anything. Nasty! So, today, my van needs at least one new tire, but I'm sure it will end up with four new tires. If one of my tires was this worn out, I'm sure the rest of them are too. These things happen!! Dave told me that I'm getting four new tires for my birthday!! Isn't he funny? Not quite what was on my wish list!!

So, that's it from me for today!! I'm going to enjoy QVC for two hours today. Lisa Bearnson is on, and I love watching the product presentations. Who knows . . . if there is something spectacular on, maybe I'll make a birthday purchase!! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

21 comments :

Fe-Fe said...

Happy Birthday Carol! What lovely cards you got. Sorry about your flat tire. Hope you don't get those new tires as a Birthday gift! Hmmm!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Hugs
Fe x

Belinda said...

Happy Birthday, Carol! I'm watching QVC today, too. I'm sorry you had a flat, but so glad it didn't ruin your morning out.

Have a good day.

pescbrico said...

Happy birthday to you!!! I hope you have a wonderful day full of nice surprises!!

Chris said...

happy birthday!! i'm sorry about your tire!! have a great day!!

Catherine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL!!!!

Bummer about the tire, but glad you are safe!

Have a great day! (I'll have to peek in at QVC.com today! Thanks for the reminder! :D )

Sharon Caudle said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Carol!! Hope it's filled with lots of fun, family, friends, and tons of good presents! hugs!!

ps...sorry about the tire! :)

Tricia said...

so very happy birthday to you to you to you!!!!!! Those are some wonderful cards. So sorry about the tire though!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

happy birthday Carol, sending you hugzz :) and love the cards you received, the first one is absolutely stunning!!! sorry about your tyre :( hope you got something nice from QVC ♥

Clare said...

Wishing you a fantastic birthday Carol. Hope you get everything you hope for (and a new set of tyres as well!) Take care x

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Carol! May all your craft wishes come true:)

Ugh about the flat tire but at least you were still able to enjoy the morning out!

Anonymous said...

`Happy Birthday` Carol..Hope you got your tire sorted out..and enjoyed your Day:)♥

Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carol... whoooohooooo xxx

Love all of the gorgeous cards you received totally yummy :D

You look like you have the same luck as me with cars but glad it all ended well.

Hope you didn't spend toooooo much on QVC...lol
hugs
Chris xx

Judy said...

Happy Birthday, Carol. Hope you have had a spectacular day (after the flat tire).

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Carol! Those are some fabulous cards you received! What a bummer to get a flat tire on your birthday but so nice that your dh could help you out.

Alex said...

HAPPY HAPPY birthday Carol!!! Beautiful cards and I love the flowers you got from Chris!! Sorry to hear about your tire, but glad you still got breakfast! Husbands are very handy, aren't they?!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Scrapronicity said...

Happy Birthday Carol! The cards are all beautiful! Did you buy anything on QVC? I was very good today and THAT'S not always easy. ;)

I hope you had a fantastic day...see you on the 365!

Jodi :)

** Isa ** said...

Happy -belated- Birthday Carol!!! Fab cards and the 1st one is so cheerful -all I needed on such a horrible wet day! Sorry about the flat tyre...

{HUGS} xxx

Carole Beath said...

Oh my....Carol, I was knee deep in card orders and I didn't know it was your birthday. So it's Thurs night and here I am wishing you the best for every day. As for your flat, I had one the other day on my way home from a sewing lesson on that new complex embroidery machine. I was sooo happy that the tire blew just as I pulled in the garage. $145 later, I am good to go. So happy birthday, my friend....
Sorry I am a day late...
Carole

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Carol!

Michelle Pearson said...

that first flower card is gorgeous for sure!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Lucky you to rec'v it!

wendy said...

Happy Belated Birthday my friend. I'm so sorry I didn't get a card in the mail :(. I hope your day was fabulous (other than a few bumps in the road).