Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #42 & 52 Sketches

Once again, I combined my Scrapping Recipe Challenge from Sketches! {by Tamara} with a sketch from 52 Sketches. This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #42, and it's based on Sketch #12 at 52 Sketches . . . 52 Weeks.


The three items that needed to be used on my layout are:
  • Stitching or Sewing
  • Hardware
  • Embossing (dry or wet)

I used FUN Mr. Campy papers, journaling cards, and ribbon from Cosmo Cricket. I stitched used my sewing machine. The fish cluster is heat embossed, and my hardware is a brad trio on the twill ribbon. I cut the journaling card in a circle using my Coluzzle, and I placed that on a Nestabilities scallop circle mat. The photo corners were cut using my QuicKutz. I love the way this layout turned out! Great sketch too! You can click on the layout to see it larger.

I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Chris said...

very nice!! those pictures are perect for the LO. love the plaid paper, it's so fishing!! >"<

Lauren said...

Carol - this is GORGEOUS! I love how you used the sketch. The embellishment in the center is just perfect!

Marlou McAlees said...

Carol this is absolutely fabulous!!!! excellent!! hugzz xx

Maria said...

Wow, that layout is fantastic. . .thank you for sharing the sketch! I love the photos and the pretty colors. I really need to work on my layouts. . .I hope I'll be able to find the time soon . . .I've been sadly slacking in creating them. Thank you for the inspirations!!

Maria

Lesli said...

Super page Carol - you did a great job with the sketch. I love all the stitching too! I hope all is going well for you and your family!

JoanneK said...

Fabulous page!!! I received it in my mail box this morning....very cool! You did a great job with that sketch and recipe challenge!

Alex said...

Beautiful Carol, you totally ROCKED this - those pics are perfect for this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE this LO!!!!

Chris said...

ooooh what a gorgeous colourful layout Carol... it's really beautiful and I love how you used the sketch :D
hugs
Chris xx