Thursday, March 5, 2009

ScrapCity March Reveals!

The Paper Creative Team at ScrapCity is revealing their March creations today! We have an amazing sponsor this month! Charlie, at the Crafter's Alley, sent us wonderful Core'dinations cardstock, a selection of Primas, and a sanding block. This was such FUN stuff to play with! Thank you so much Charlie!


I created five projects . . . two layouts and three cards. Here is one of my cards. The Core'dinations paper is wonderful in the Cuttlebug with the large embossing folders! I embossed the whole card front, and then I lightly sanded the embossed image. I then printed two of the "A - Z Is For" printable stamps from The Cutting Cafe'. I love these printable stamps! I cut them out with my Nestabilites, and then I sanded the embossed edge of the scallop circle. CUTE! I added a sheer ribbon, tied a bow, and then I sewed on a Prima with a gorgeous Making Memories button center. I really love the way this card turned out!

Well, I'm off to check out vacuums today! Everyone is telling me to get a Dyson, but in Consumer Reports, there are at least ten other vacuums that got a better overall rating. I need to check some out today. If you have a vacuum that you really like, let me know!! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments :

Dawn♥ said...

Oh what a beautiful card! Love the embossed CS and the pretty colors! :)

♥Dawn

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Carol! Love the colors you used and the embossing looks wonderful! hugs!

Regina Easter said...

what a great card carole, it is so pretty...nice and springy...okay so are kidding 10 others got a better rating then the dyson...hum...i actually have 2..one upstairs and one downstairs..spent loads....oh wow...let me know what you find out..hugs

Savitri said...

CUTE!!! I pulled out my CB too. I need to use my Nesties. Been collecting dust!!!

Clare said...

I love to use Core-dinations card in embossing folders too, it gives such a great effect.

Our latest vacuum is a Dyson, we had one a while ago,replaced it with a new one that broke after only a month so went back to Dyson!

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

BEautiful card, I love the embossing, just ordered some of the same cardstock today so can't wait to try this out now!
I have a dyson rollerball vacuum and I love it, it is small and light and flies around the room in no time! I have wooden floors mind you, it would be annoying if I had carpet through as it fills up much quicker when I do upstairs on the carpets!Other than that it has been my favourite ever vacuum and I have had lots!
hugs Debx

Tricia said...

wahoo! beautiful card!