Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Littlest Pumpkins!

I mentioned that Cosmo Cricket had an online class on their blog. I made the fabric flowers and showed them to you yesterday. Well, this is what I did with my fabric flowers!


What I didn't tell you yesterday is that the fabric is from my daughters' Halloween costumes! It's the leftover fabric that my mother-in-law sent to me once she finished their costumes. Now, I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this before, but my mother-in-law is wonderful, and she made the girls' Halloween costumes for years! I'm talking out-of-this-world, amazing costumes! They were clowns/jesters, Hershey's kisses (these were the BEST costumes EVER!), Princesses, Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood, 50's girls (complete with felt poodle skirts!), etc. I mean, these costumes are knock-your-socks off costumes! So, every time the costumes were made, there was extra fabric. I have all of the girls costumes downstairs in Rubbermaid bins, folded nicely, with the extra fabric, and the original patterns. I seriously treasure these costumes! So, when the fabric flowers were shown, I knew I had fabric to use, and then it hit me that THIS is what I wanted to make! This is a little wall hanging! You can just see the ribbon at the top where it hangs from.

The photo is an extra wallet print, and the board is about an 8 1/2" square. I used all Cosmo Cricket Haunted scraps that I had left from some Halloween layouts that I worked on. To me, the fabric flowers and the lace (which is from the Dorothy costume) just MAKE this project! I love this!! So, what do you think? Please click on it to see it larger! I'm thrilled with the way this turned out. Very easy, and I'll treasure it always! I should probably make another one for my mother-in-law!

I hope you're having a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments :

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Carol I love this!!! What an awesome idea! I love the pic, the girls look adorable! And how fabulous that your Mom in law made all their costumes! Wonderful layout with such a special meaning! I love it!!

Catherine said...

Terrific layout, and I love how you incorporated a little memento - the fabric from the costumes - into the page! Fantastic!

Chris said...

seriously...this is freakin' awesome!! OMG what great costumes your MIL made! this LO is just...words cannot describe it, you did a fabulous job on this. what a super keepsake! >"<

Joaniebolognie said...

How special is that! What a great layout!

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

Love it!! What a great idea to use the fabric from their costumes!

Nessa said...

I was so excited to come back and see what you did :) Love it carol! That's such a special thing to be able to add!

anja curvers said...

It is stunning and great to use the fabric from the costumes

anja curvers said...

It is stunning and great to use the fabric from the costumes

Lauren said...

This is just super cute. The girls look so tiny and cute. OMG! The fabric flowers are a great accent.

JoanneK said...

This is wonderful!!!!

Carole Beath said...

Seriously, Carol...this is ONE AWESOME project. I am so taken with those fabric flowers and the lace added to the Wall Hanging. How precious is THAT? I have teddy bears made from some of my childhood Easter Dresses that I made years and eons ago and I treasure them. I have the little handsewn Sun Bonnet Sue quilt my mother did while she was waiting for me to arrive and that I cherish. I understand how you treasure those costumes for your girls.

Savitri said...

Super cute! I love the flowers. My mom tried teaching it to me but I'm dense :) Great page!!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Carol I love this page girl! Awesome! :)
♥Dawn♥

Clare said...

Love your idea of using the fabric from the costumes to make the flowers. The costumes look amazing by the way!

** Isa ** said...

this is such a cool page. Great costumes by you MIL and I love the idea of the fabric flowers matching the costume...

Hugs xxx

Latisha said...

What a fab page Carol! So awesome that you have a little piece of their costumes to make a scrappy page with!

Alex said...

This is amazing, Carol - I just love how you used the girls' costumes, very creative! Fabulous job, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex