Saturday, March 7, 2009

More ScrapCity March Reveals & Cool Online Class!

The last couple of days, I've been showing you what I created for ScrapCity for March. Our sponsor this month is Charlie at Crafter's Alley. She sent us some fun Core'dinations cardstock, a sanding block, and lots of Primas. We had a lot of fun using these products! Thank you again Charlie!


Here's another card that I created. The Core'dinations cardstock is very nice. It's has a canvas-like texture on one side. I love the effect after lightly sanding. You can click on the card to see it larger and to see how the sanding block subtly removes the color. Very pretty. I used my lace doily punch, and I also love the effect of lightly sanding over the punched edge. I added a couple of stamped images, one lovely large Prima, and a glitter Making Memories brad. I really like this card!

Now this layout is just too cute! First off, it features a photo of my girls and my niece on Christmas Eve in my sister's basement playing pool! I featured a full sheet of Core'dinations 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. I placed it textured side down on my ScorPal, scored lines in 1-inch increments, and then folded and sanded those creases. I then threading water punched both long sides of the paper and lightly sanded over all of the edges. I love how this paper matches the felt on the pool table! Check out the photo mat! I sanded heavily to remove almost all of the red color on the threading water punched edge. I think that looks very cool! I added three primas, and mounted it all on a wonderful sheet of Jack's World Cosmo Cricket patterned paper! The title is Thickers, and the final touch is a trio of rhinestones at the top. I love this!

Cosmo Cricket is doing a COOL free online class starting on Monday! I definitely don't have all of the materials, but I'm definitely going to check it out! Natasja has such a wonderful voice, so it's a pleasure to listen to her instructions!! I need to find some fabric in the basement, because I do NOT have Cosmo fabric, and I will eventually seek out and buy a spinner card, because they are so cute, and I think MY project will just HAVE TO have one! So, get some materials together if you're interested. I cannot wait to see how she makes those fabric flowers!

Well, I need to get a layout finished! I'm cleaning my scrapping area too! Scary job!! I hope you have a great day, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! It's raining here . . . perfect time to be creative! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Regina Easter said...

great card and layout carol..hugs

Crissy said...

I really like that card. The sanding around the edges really gives it a different look!

Judy said...

Wow, the sanding on the edges is just fabulous. I haven't tried doing that but think I will definitely give it a go.

Alex said...

Really pretty card Carol and the layout is fabulous - love the colors! Love everything you have been doing lately, I am slowly trying to catch up! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Fe-Fe said...

These are both really great. I love the colour combo on both and the sanding is very effective.

Hugs
Fe x

Chris said...

very cute projects! i have never tried the coordinations paper...it looks like it sand very nice! have to check it out!! >"<

Clare said...

I love your projects with the core'dinations card, I love to use it too on cards and layouts.

Lori said...

Love the pool layout--great photo! The sanded cardstock looks fantastic.

** Isa ** said...

The card is so beautiful and you have such talent for scrapbooking. gorgeous pages.

Hugs xxx