Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #41

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #41 at Sketches! {by Tamara}. This layout was also designed using Sketch #10 at 52 Sketches.


This week, our three required elements were:
  • masculine theme
  • metal
  • grungy

Those three elements say "Harley-Davidson" to me!! So, I decided to create a layout featuring Dave's '88 Harley Softail. The theme is definitely masculine, the metal elements are a motorcycle brad and a trio of brads that look like Phillips screw heads, and I grunged up the journaling square. Most of the Harley products are by EK Success. I love the way this turned out, and so does Dave! You can click on the layout to see it larger.

I'm getting together with one of my very best girlfriends for breakfast today! It's super windy and it's going to rain all day. I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments :

Joaniebolognie said...

OMG....so COOL! What a great page...I LOVE the belt, the paper is perfect for the theme! You rocked this sketch!

Savitri said...

That's one hot ride :) I love how you found matching paper for it!

** Isa ** said...

Look at that ride! Great page with fab details...

{BIG HUGS} xxx

Chris said...

this turned out great! love the papers...nice looking bike!!

Lauren said...

Very fun and funky! Great layout Carol.

Chris said...

OMG Carol what a awesome page!! I love that metallic looking paper behind the coooool bike. Fabulous girl :D
hugs
Chris xx

Clare said...

Love the papers and embellies they match the bike theme perfectly! Hope you had a great breakfast with your girlfriend.

Catherine said...

This is sooooo AWESOME!!!!
I bet Dave is just drooling over it! LOL! Great job, Carol! I especially love the belt - great touch!

Alex said...

COOL layout Carol! The embellishments are awesome, and I bet your dh just loves his baby! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Judy said...

Look at that fabulous cycle! My hubby would be so envious if he saw it.

Trudi said...

Hey Carol, thanks for your comment on my card, it was fun & I couldn't resist adding a car to it :) Love your layout, I'm always drawn to the Harley line at the lss even though we don't have a motorcycle :) You did a fab job with the layout & the recipe!