Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #40

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #40 at Sketches! {by Tamara}.


This week, our recipe was to use the following on our cards or layouts:
  • stars
  • staples
  • three different patterned papers
Fun recipe! I used brand new glitter Thickers stars and photo corners on this page. I got the Thickers from Cath at Moxie Fab, and they are fabulous! The patterned papers, title block, and die cut flower are from an awesome My Mind's Eye selection that I got at Peachy Cheap. The felt flower and button are Making Memories Noteworthy. This page is ALSO based on Sketch #9 at 52 Sketches! You can click on the page to see it larger.

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged! I've just been busy with lots of activities with the girls, the school board battle that I was attempting to fight, and yesterday, I actually did some landscaping work. It was beautiful outside, and today is going to be wonderful too. I have had NO creative time whatsoever! I'm not sure I'll get any today either, but I really hope to spend some time creating tomorrow! I hope you have a wonderful day, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

11 comments :

Chris said...

very cute! i love how this turned out, great color choices! >"<

Lauren said...

This is such a fun layout Carol. I love all the shapes in the background.

Catherine said...

How cute! I love the puppies in the pic! And the papers in your LO - I am totally lovin' the turquoise/teal and red color combos lately! Very cool!

Alex said...

What a totally fun layout Carol - love the dp!! Fabulous page! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deb said...

Family life gets so hectic at times doesn't it? Love this gorgeous layout and cute pic!
Have a great evening, hugs Debx

Latisha said...

Awesome!!!!

Regina Easter said...

wow, love love your layout

Clare said...

The papers in your layout are so pretty.

Glad you're having nice weather which means you can get outside, fingers crossed we get some nice weather this weekend so we can out into the garden.

Dawn said...

Hi Carol! Long time no see. Just wanted to say congrats on winning the name the editor contest in the PC mag. It was wonderful to see your name in there! WTG!

great LO's and I love those little fabric flowers:)

CreativeMish said...

I really like this page. The colors are awesome! Lot it!

Nessa said...

Beautiful layout Carol! I just love the colors!