Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Scrapping Recipe Challenge #38 and The Cutting Cafe'

This is my layout for Scrapping Recipe Challenge #38 at Sketches! {by Tamara}, and I also used the blank calendar printable stamp set from The Cutting Cafe'!!


The scrapping recipe challenged us to use at least the following three items on our card or layout:
  • a calendar or numbers
  • 3 ribbons
  • staples
I thought this was a really FUN challenge, and I got to use a new printable stamp set from The Cutting Cafe'!! I love the blank calendar set that Regina designed!! The blank calender with the days of the week, the number, month, year, and the two sentiments ("it's your day" and "happy birthday"), were ALL printed from the blank calendar set! Check it out, it's awesome! I used some fantastic My Mind's Eye papers that I got from Peachy Cheap! If you don't already check out the daily deals on Peachy Cheap, you definitely should! Awesome site! The three ribbons I used to make the ribbon loops are by American Crafts, and I attached them to the matted photo with staples. The matted photos are mounted on another great MME patterned paper sheet, and I punched a border down the side of it with my threading water punch. I added a silk Prima and rhinestones. You can click on the layout to see it larger. I added some rhinestones to the crown right above the calendar too. I'm thinking now that the upper right part of the layout is a little plain, so I just might decide to add an additional title.

I hope you have a great day, and as always, thanks for stopping by!!

13 comments :

Chris said...

very nice!! i love the LO of this page. i think the white space works for this page...

Lauren said...

This is such an awesome layout. The background paper is perfect for the occasion!

Campbell Family said...

I LOVE your LO! Very cute! Thanks for the link to PeachyCheap too! You are the best!

Brooke

Regina Easter said...

what an awesome awesome layout carole...hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

Great LO Carol! that paper is really awesome, and you always have the best pics! hugs!

Deb said...

beautiful layout Carol, I love the calendar, it is fabulous! hugs Debx

Peet said...

oh, great lo, Carol!!! love it!

Savitri said...

Super super cute!!!! Can't type today... got my finger pricked but love your stuff!!!

Jeni Glee said...

Carol...boy, do I love this layout! It is always so wonderful to see photos of your loved ones! You are so blessed! I am off to check out Peachy Cheap....I did get the calendar set from Cutting Cafe but have not used it yet. Guess I need to get busy!!!!!!!!!

Clare said...

Love your layout Carol, the paper with the crowns is gorgeous. The calendar set is fab too, what a great idea for using on a layout.

AnnMarie said...

Awww! What a warm and fuzzy page! Love it! : )

DonnaMundinger said...

This is fabulous Carol! I love what you've done with Regina's blank calendar and darling pix. xxD

Lori said...

What a great page! Love how you used the different challenge elements--they were hard to get on a card, but work so well for a scrapbook page.