Thursday, August 16, 2007

Accordion Birthday Card

The summer is ending, and things are crazy busy! School starts for both of my girls on Tuesday the 21st, and I'm wondering just where the summer went. Is it just me, or did the days go by in twos? I didn't spend any time creating yesterday, but I did some organizing! I'm posting a card that I made a short time ago for a good friend of mine. It's one of my favorite cards!


I created an accordion card, and each panel is 8.5" x 5.5". I just kept piggy-backing the scored full sheets of cardstock until it was the size that I needed. The front panel and the back panel are not doubled up. All of the center panels are doubled up because of the piggy-backing. (I hope that makes sense!) I used K&Company papers, American Crafts ribbons, Primas, Making Memories brads, and ink distressing. The "Happy Birthday" was cut with Zooballoo on my Cricut.


"It's Your Day" was cut with my Cricut, and the letters that spell out my friend's name were done with Base Camp.


The opposite side of each panel has a friendship quote. It was fun decorating each panel!


I was very please with how this turned out, and better yet, my girlfriend liked it too!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

Patsy Jackson said...

Oh this is gorgeous Carol - I really like the colours and all the little sentiments :)

Samm said...

This is lovely!!! quite a task to take on (I haven't done one yet, too scared!!!LOL) but it looks just perfect!

Samm
x

Fe-Fe said...

I love this, such great colours and the sentiments are lovely.

Kerryn said...

that is beautiful! i adore those friendship quotes!