Sunday, August 12, 2007

Personalized Plaques!

I am so excited about these plaques! First off, I have to thank Cindy G for the inspiration. I read Cindy G's blog, and I saw an altered plaque on her site. When my girls and I were in Michael's, I noticed the plaque below, and it got me thinking about altering plaques for the girls' rooms.



This is the plaque BEFORE. It was in the $1 section at Michael's. The plaque is small. The plaque itself is approximately 6 1/4" x 4 1/4". The design is painted on, and it's cute, but after it's altered, it's so much better!


These are the plaques AFTER. Aren't they fabulous?


Emily's plaque is done with Phresh & Phunky Basic Grey papers. I used American Crafts ribbon and Primas. I also cut three flowers from the George Cricut cartridge, and they're attached to the wire holder. I used Tim Holtz weathered wood ink for distressing. I LOVE the way this turned out!

Jessica's plaque is done with Lollipop Shoppe Basic Grey papers. I used American Crafts ribbon and Primas on this one too. I also cut the George flowers for the wire holder. I like the little extra that they add! I used Tim Holtz worn lipstick ink for distressing.

Please take a look at the project that inspired me on Cindy G's site. http://analteredstate.blogspot.com/2007/07/my-mantra.html

So, let me know what you think! My girls are THRILLED with these and they LOVE them! We're hanging them in their rooms today.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

Cindy Gilchrist said...

WOW!!!! These look amazing!! I am so happy to have inspired you, but these blow my little plaque away - LOL! GREAT JOB and thanks for showing them!!!!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this are cute! love them!!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!! How amazing that with just a little paper and embellishments we can alter things to look to much prettier. You did an amazing job with these.
Hugs, TeriBeri

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh these are just gorgeous!!! I love them Carol! Greatjob!!!!