Monday, August 13, 2007

Harley-Davidson Birthday Card

I had seen posts on the Cricut message board where people used aluminum tape on their projects. We were at Lowe's yesterday buying storage shelves, and I decided to look for the tape. I bought a 50 yard roll of Duck aluminum foil tape, and I tried it in the Cuttlebug shortly after getting home. This is the result of my embossing.


I almost didn't post this card, because the photograph didn't turn out very well. It's hard to photograph aluminum foil tape! However, it's a really cool look, so I'll post it anyway. I used Harley-Davidson black-on-black printed paper for the background, H-D orange and black flame paper is wrapped around the card. The foil tape was embossed with "Happy Birthday" in the Cuttlebug. You can't really see them, but there are two CUTE motorcycle brads on the mounted center portion of the card. I distressed the edges of the card with black ink. This is about as masculine as it gets! This card is for my husband's birthday at the end of August. So, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

Patsy Jackson said...

Wow I love that metal look - how fab is that!!! Great card!

PS - Thanks for stopping by my blog and admiring my pussycat. I'm just about to go off and tag you, so please stop by again soon to find the details :)

Risa said...

Your cards are so cute Carol!

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so cool!!! I have got to try that technique!!!!

hugs
Sharon

The Cryer Family said...

Thanks for this - I hadn't thought of getting into metallic finishes - this is a great idea!