Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thank You card

I purchased a Cricut in July 2006. If you don't already know, a Cricut is a personal electronic die cutting machine. It's actually amazing! Provo Craft makes the machines, and in support of the machine, they set up a message board where Cricut owners could share everything Cricut. I found the tip & tricks section to be especially helpful when I first purchased my Cricut. I also like to look at the cards and layouts that people were creating with their machines.

Someone on the message board decided to hold a "secret sister" sign up. This was an anonymous commitment to send one person on the board monthly gifts. We would attempt to remain "secret". I signed up in the first round, and I was assigned Sharon. That meant that I was to send Sharon monthly gifts. (She figured me out in the 2nd month I think. I guess I'm not too good at remaining anonymous!) If you were figured out, all the better in my opinion. When you were figured out, you could really get to know the person that you sent to, or really get to know the person that sends to you. All in all, it's just a very fun experience, and I'm thrilled that I joined the secret sister swap.

So, the sister that sends to me is Jana. Jana is a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and she lives in Kodiak, Alaska. I figured Jana out in the 2nd or 3rd month. However, I totally didn't care if the swap remained a secret or not. In fact, I think I prefer knowing who is sending to me, and I like that the person I send to knows who I am. Anyway, Jana has been the BEST sister. She never ceases to amaze me with her creativity and generosity.

One month, after a particularly generous package was received from Jana, I decided that I had to send her a thank you card using some of the amazing things that she sent to me. This card is the result.


Jana sent me the gorgeous cardstock. It's Stampin' Up (SU) cardstock in Soft Subtles. I didn't realize how wonderful Stampin' up cardstock is until I got some. It's a wonderful weight, and the colors are just beautiful. The patterned paper is also SU. It's double sided, and I used both sides of the pattern on the card. Jana also sent me "Circle of Friendship" stamps. I had been wanting this particular set of stamps for quite some time, but I'm not sure if I ever actually mentioned that to Jana. She just KNEW! She's pretty awesome when it comes to just KNOWING! The "thank you for everything" round stamp is from this set. I mounted the circle on a Cuttlebug ribbon slider. I love the way it looks.

This is a better photograph of the front of the card. If you look closely, you can see that I actually sewed a zigzag stitch across the bottom of the card. Sewing on cards is very cool. Jana also sent me a SU ticket corner punch. I used that punch on the white cardstock. I love this punch! I also used the punch on the card front, but that's a little hard to see in the photo. To finish the card off, I put a very large Prima flower with a rhinestone in the center. What did I do before I had Prima flowers? They're an obsession all on their own!

This is a close up of the bottom of the card. Hopefully you can see the ticket corner punch, the ribbon slider, the stamped image, and the sewing a little better. (Thanks for the photos Jana.)

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card. It was one of those cards that I created, and when it was done, I was actually really pleased with it! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Jana is so lucky to get that card! I love the green cardstock and the stiching! The Circle Of Friendship set is adorable! I L-O-V-E it!

-J-