Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cards from a kit

A while ago, I purchased the Today's Special Value on QVC which was a huge kit by Brenda Pinnick. It came with a 12x12 album, 12x12 papers, a decorative box to hold almost everything, 3 mini albums, small papers, TONS of chipboard, die cuts, alphabet stickers, card bases and envelopes, ribbons, etc. All I needed was adhesive! I like kits like this, because I love the volume received for the price. What I don't like is that I don't feel like I'm being very creative when I create cards that come from a kit. However, there's nothing wrong with making super easy cards once in a while!


I love the patterned card base on this one. The flower is a die cut, I added ribbon, and the "eat cake" is a chipboard piece.


This one is so cute, and there's something about that circus elephant! The elephant and the "party time" are both chipboard pieces. I added some ribbon, Primas, and some rhinestones.


The "Happy Birthday" is a chipboard piece, and the three candles are ribbons with rhinestones for the flames.


This is another patterned card base with a die cut flower and a chipboard piece. I added a small rhinestone to the center of the flower.


This is another very pretty card base. I added two chipboard pieces. I like the ribbon wrapped around the "Happy Birthday!" piece. I added a rhinestone to the center of the flower.

Well, I don't feel too creative after making these, but they were still a lot of fun! Love the chipboard!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

Patsy Jackson said...

They are sweet cards! Like you say sometimes you just need easy cards! My fave is the elephant - cute!

mum-on-the-run said...

Aww, cute cards!!

Fe-Fe said...

These cards are great. Such pretty colours.

Clare said...

Great cards - I have this kit as well as they brought it to the UK QVC too. I like the way everything co-ordinates so it makes choosing papers and embellies easier if you're in a hurry!

Kerryn said...

they r all really pretty!