Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Bind It All creations continue . . .

Here I go AGAIN, endorsing and singing the praises of the Bind It All. Geez, I need to make something else soon, OTHER than Bind It All journals!

I'm not a huge fan of all the skull and crossbones images that are EVERYWHERE right now. Skulls are so "in" right now. I like the images when they are associated with Pirates of the Caribbean or with Halloween, but other than that . . . not so much. However, I was in Michael's one day, and they had this Creative Imaginations paper on sale. It seemed "girly" to me. I asked my girls if they liked the paper. Since they liked it, I bought just one sheet, and I used it to cover these journals for my girls.



I added small rhinestones to the eyes and the ends of the crossbones. (See how the eyes are heart shaped?) I added a small Prima sprite and I put some pink Stickles on the flower petals. I then added lots of ribbons to the O wires. I think these journals are fun, funky, and girly! They're also very trendy.

This is a close up of just one of the journals. You can see the Stickles sparkling on the flower petals, and you can really see the small rhinestones.

I decorated the inside of the front cover. I used Autumn Leaves and ki Memories acrylic stamps. I love the circular sentiment. It says, "You Are Beautiful - inside & out". That sentiment if perfect for my girls, and it's very true!

So, while the skull & crossbones images aren't really my "thing", my girls love these journals, and that's what matters to me! I like the way they turned out too. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

Lorraine A said...

Hi carol, I ve just bought a bind it all machine and was looking for inspiration. i love these albums and will make something similar for my daughter ( 15 yrs old ) and her friend , who re both into 'goth', in a nice way though lol. Luckily i have some creative imaginations papers and skull brads too. My first album was something similar , though not as nice as yours n i didn't get the holes in the right position, but not bad for a first attempt !!!
regards
Lorraine