Monday, August 6, 2007

My Creative Space!

I have a great space where I create. It's a loft area in our house that's above our 2-story family room. It's shaped like a triangle. I have A LOT of "stuff" crammed in the space! However, it's all pretty much organized, and I surprise even myself when I'm able to find what I'm looking for!


This is my large bookcase which is just outside of my area. It's floor to ceiling storage, and it's FULL! I have all of my idea books and all of my vertical Cropper Hopper paper storage in this bookcase. I also have lots of rubber stamps in horizontal storage. There are some funky, diva decorative bags at the top of the unit just for decoration. I don't know if you can see them all that well, but they're so cute! I have a shoe organizer hanging over the linen closet door, and that's where I keep all of my Cricut cartridges. I like being able to see them all at once.



This is my triangle! I have an L-shaped desk, and as you can see, every single space that can be used is being used! I should have moved my chair, because there is a clean space in front of the chair! I try my hardest to keep that area clean, because that is where I work. I got the "Enjoy!" and "Relax!" signs that are above my window at Michael's a couple of years ago. I just love them!

I have a big window right in front of me. To my right is the half wall that looks down into our family room. To the right of my desk is a slender bookcase. It also is filled to capacity!


When I'm sitting at my desk, this is the area of my desk that is to my left. I have baskets on top that hold foam stamps, packaged embellishments, etc. On my desk is where my Cricut lives. Isn't my Cricut cover beautiful? Connie (from the Cricut message board) made it for me. I also have a matching Cuttlebug cover, but I don't think it made it into a photograph.


Moving a little to the right, this is the cut-out in my desk where a large computer would normally be. My computer is in the family room, so this area is filled with a shoe organizer (from a garage sale), that divides the area up and lets me use every inch. I have ribbon jars, drawer units, all of my punches, some Primas, etc. My laptop is the black horizontal piece you can see that is right behind my little fan. I just pull it out if I need it. Strung at the top of the open space is my dowel rod with lots of rolls of ribbon.



This is a wood holder that I got from a garage sale. I think it should hold cassettes, but I'm not sure. I use it to hold all of my stamp pads, and sample cards. It's handy storage! On top of it, I have some framed photos. There is a little hinged box on the bottom right of the photo that holds all of my Stampin' Up ink refill bottles.

This "Create" sign is one of my favorites things in my space. I bought it at a swap meet in Mesa, Arizona. It's metal. It hangs from two pieces of metal that are twisted together. It's so cool, and I just LOVE it.





This is another favorite item. This is metal too, and it was purchased from the same vendor in Arizona. The stars are magnets, and I'm using them to hold three 4x6" photographs. I have some of my favorite family photos on the board. I have a couple of garage sale cubbies on the wall, and they're holding small items. You can see my green M&M bandaid altered tin and a large altered tin with a big pink flower. Those were both made by Jana, my sister on the Cricut message board. I love that they're on display!



This is another favorite organization item of mine. It's a spice rack from a garage sale. It was 50 cents! It holds all of my Making Memories acrylic paints. It's perfect, and I love it! To the right of the paint rack is a strip of magnetic holders. I got those at Target a long time ago in the dollar spot. They're so fun and functional! Under the paint rack is a spice rack that also came from a garage sale. It was brand new, and I just removed the shaker covers, and they hold small embellisments like clips and buttons. Once again, it's so functional!

This is the area just to the right of my "work" area (my work area is clean! It really is!) In front of the window, I have some Cropper Hopper drawers. There is also an ArtBin box that you can't really see, but its lid is propped open in the background. You can see my ATG gun. The pink box is a kit of the month that holds cards, etc. I've been working on assembling the cards, so that is why the box is on my desk. The small green box holds all of my photos that need to be scrapped.

This is my Prima shelf that my husband put up on the side of my slender bookcase. My big jar of UTEE is also on this shelf.

So, that's my space. It's cramped and crowded, but I love it! My area is in a state of constant reorganization! That's part of the fun! If you've read this far, thanks! It was exhausting, right?

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you think about my space!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love your area!!! It looks so neat. I would love to see something that you made with your Cuttlebug! I also want to see your Cuttlebug cover! -- J :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your space! What a great place to create! Thanks for the inside look! ~Sharon

jean said...

WOW. How fantastic! I am very jealous.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is....WOW! You are very lucky!