Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Birthday Card

My youngest daughter turned 10 at the end of July. Where does the time go? Double digits! Anytime I make a card, I try to incorporate a little of the recipient's personality in my creation. In this case, my daughter's current favorite colors are lime green and orange, so that's where I got my inspiration.


This is a big card. It's 8.5" x 5.5" (that's a sheet of 8.5 x 11 cardstock folded in half). The patterned paper is from a Provo Craft slab. The photo doesn't show it too clearly, but this card is very vivid in color. I used my Cricut to cut the "10" with Opposites Attract. The "Happy Birthday" is a Stampin' Up stamp, and my daughter's name is stamped with Karen Foster small casual snap stamps (those stamps are a lot of fun!) Two of the ribbons at the bottom are from Target, and the orange dotted is from American Crafts. The flowers are Prima Sprites, and I layered them. The layered look of the flowers is so dimensional!

Let me put it this way:
  • Money spent on scrapbooking/card making supplies . . . lost track a long time ago,
  • Time spent on making the PERFECT card . . . less than an hour,
  • the Look on my daughter's face when she sees her card . . . PRICELESS!

Making cards is important to me. It allows me to show the recipient how much I care. It allows me to be creative. It allows me to have a lot of fun!

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

Jana M. said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!!!

She's gonna love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love your posts; keep 'em coming! D

Samm said...

What a pretty card!!!

Thankyou for entering my challenge, but I can't find the new card that you've made for the challenge, if you want to link it back again, then I'll include you in the draw.

Samm
x