Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Challenge - Di Hickman Sept. #3 / Caardvarks Chipboard

I did it! I created a challenge card! Not only that, but I combined two challenges! This is my interpretation of the Di Hickman sketch, and I used chipboard on my card front for the Caardvarks challenge. This was fun!

I used SEI Gertie's Garden papers and alphabet stickers, chipboard tags from Chip Chatter, rub on letters left over from a QVC kit, American Crafts ribbons, three layered Primas, and a Making Memories brad. I also distressed a little. I'm actually thrilled with the way this card turned out!

You can view Di Hickman's sketch. Caardvarks is also a fun place to visit. I think I'll be trying challenge cards again. It gets you thinking!

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments :

lauren bergold said...

hi & welcome to caardvarks! what an awesome card for your first *2* challenges!!! :)

(ps--the photo's just fine!)

Marlou McAlees said...

love the way you combinded the two challenges, excellent card!!
send me your address and I will send you the card :) xxx

Andrea, said...

Great card, love the colours and the flower is fab

Kathy said...

I have a hard enough time doing one challenge - you did a great job - very creative.

The Cryer Family said...

Hi! This card is genuinely gorgeous... Thanks so much for making a link to me - I feel honoured! I'll add a link from mine to you too if that's OK. Sorry I didn't reply sooner - my computer has been down for the best part of a week!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that layout

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that layout

The Cryer Family said...

Hello again!
Hope you don't mind, but I just TAGGED YOU! (See my blog)
Love Helen x

My Paper World said...

Really stunning, you did a fab job combining the challenges, this is beautiful!

Louly said...

That's a really brilliant take on the sketch! Clever you!

Clare said...

Great card, love how you interpreted Di's sketch.

Theresa said...

What a fabulous card!!!

SueH said...

I love your take on this template and you really do have an eye for colour....those Pinks and Greys go so well together.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card!!!! Fabulous design!

Leigh said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.

Dawn♥ said...

WOWza this card is so very GORGEOUS! Love it!

Patsy Jackson said...

Hi Carol

Love your card - really pretty! Also love all your latest CB ones too - you do a fantastic job with those embossing folders :)

Patsy

PS - thanks for your get well messages :)

Spot-On said...

great card! loving the colors and mix of mediums! Awesome job on combining the challenges too! TFS!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a nice card. Did you win?

Ashley said...

I Totally LOVE this layout and the colors! Adorable card! YOu go girl! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com