Monday, September 10, 2007

Embossed - Happy Birthday!

I don't have a lot of time over the weekend to create, but I did put together another quick Birthday card. I think Cuttlebug embossed card fronts have a lot of impact.


I like the color combination on this one. I love the sage green with the burgundy. I stamped "Happy Birthday" with a stamp from the Stampin' Up "Smile" set. I added some small burgundy "got flowers" Primas, and I wrapped some thin ribbon that I got from Michael's around the card front.

I need to start looking at all of the card making challenge sites that I see everyone else participating in. They look like fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments :

Alhambra Club said...

Really like how you placed the flowers over the embossed ones.

Scrappy Moments said...

beautiful Card. I love those Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. I also love the color combo. Sage green and burgandy look stunning together, beautiful work.

Angie
www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com

Patsy Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Carole - I am loving your embossed cards - the colours are gorgeous on this one!

PS - think the black & white is my fave though ;)

Louly said...

This card is gorgeous! I must buy myself some of those embossing folders.

Ashley said...

Oh So PRetty! I love this colors and texture! EXCELLENT!! Hugs! Ash~ :o)

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

michelle sturgeon said...

I like the random placing of the flowers to match the flowers on the background.