Sunday, September 16, 2007

Trick or Treat! - Challenge Card

I discovered another blog (you know how these things happen!), and I have been checking it to see her fun creations. She had a GREAT challenge! She threw out a challenge to use a stamp set we haven't used in a long time! No problem. I have hundreds of stamp sets! Chances are, there are quite a few I haven't used in a long time. She made a cute Halloween card, and since I'm in the mood for Halloween and I love Halloween, I decided to break out one of my older, much loved Halloween Stampin' Up sets.


On this card, I used "Haunts & Howls". It's really one of my favorites, but I don't think I've used it since I decorated Halloween lunch/treat bags for both my girls when they were in Kindergarten/First Grade (that was 5 years ago!) I took the challenge one step further. I used Frances Meyer Halloween paper I've had for years! I'm not sure what I'm saving it for! It's the purple striped paper with yellow stars and black spiders. I embraced the yellow theme, and I matted the paper on a tiny bubbles Cuttlebug embossed background. I stamped "Trick or Treat" on yellow, and then I did it again . . . I used something I haven't used in a long time . . . my paper crimper! I crimped the title strip. Doesn't it look great? I wanted my witch to have green skin, so I stamped her on lime green cardstock, and then I stamped her again on orange so that I could cut the pumpkin for her to hold. I love the way that looks! Since she's a Diva Witch, I added some lavender Stickles to her hat band, her cuffs, and her shoes. I also added Stickles to the inverted corners from my ticket punch of the card front and the title strip. I added some thin ribbon I got from Michael's in yellow and lime green, and I was done. (I use a camera phone, and the Stickles make it difficult to photograph. The card is super cute in real life!)

So, I love this challenge! I used an older stamp set that I haven't used in a long time, I used paper that I've had for years, and I broke out my forgotten paper crimper! I'm on a spending freeze until the end of the year, so the "use what I have" philosophy really works for me right now!

Thanks for the challenge Ashley. Check out her blog if you get a chance! I like her creations, and I'll be stopping by often!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

Ashley said...

Oh My Gosh! So Stinkin' Cute! I love that witch!!! I love the stickles too!!! You did a fantastic job! :o) I'm like you on the decor paper...I save and save and save. LOL!!! :o) WAY TO GO!!! Hugs Darlin'! :o) Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

My Paper World said...

Such a fun halloween card! good job, working with stash that youve had for ages. Love the title strip, and the witchy diva!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is adorable, love the image and the ribbons you used on it.

Fe-Fe said...

What a fab card. I love that witch - she's great!